PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice? Please read.

DottyWood94
26-03-18, 15:26
Hello, not sure if this is the right forum to post in but here goes.
I'm 23 and suffer with Panic Disorder and GAD.. also health anxiety..
A bit of background about me, I'm not overweight, I eat fairly healthy, drink water but barely exercise, I was in a relationship with my ex fiance for 2 years but she wants to be on her own, I'm currently living with her and her mum and dad until I find somewhere to stay, which if I'm honest is hurting me more because she's chatting to other people but still wants me in her life, I recently lost my job and I'm in quite a bit of a debt with the bank and other things.. I'm currently receiving JSA to help me out. Now at the minute, I'm obsessed with my health, I'm constantly worried that this stress will kill me, I'm obsessed I'll get Tonsillitis all the time and always check my throat glands, and my stomach to see if I have appendicitis.. I'm terrified of getting the flu and all sorts.. I constantly worry all the time, even about Sleeping.. I worry that I don't get enough, I hate going to sleep because of losing control. I started a job induction today but left because I was having a panic attack and not used to early mornings.. at the minute with my ex fiance, I keep lashing out and being angry but she has hurt me alot.. my paranoia is at an all time high, I guess I've wrote on here to vent to people who understand. I always check my pulse and listen to my heart (which has been fluttering alot) I'm so run down and drained, I've had multiple ecg which have come back fine, I've been to CBT before and now I'm on a waiting list. I don't want to take medication either. Can someone please help on what to suggest? I'm at my wits end, I just want to be happy with a good job and settled down, but I can't see the light at the tunnel anymore. I always cry and I'm always emotional. Any advice would seriously be appreciated.

Beckybecks
26-03-18, 20:07
You're going through a tough time at the moment so it's not surprising that your anxiety levels are high which in turn is causing various physical symptoms and health anxiety. Maybe you should take things one step at a time. Have a look at how you can sort out your current situation because that's obviously causing you alot of stress. CBT will help you to deal with your anxiety issues. Its worked well for me in the past. Meantime there are always understanding people on this forum that you can chat to and get advice from. You're not alone, we all suffer from anxiety and understand how you feel.