PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumor worries

dumbledore
26-03-18, 15:29
Hello everyone,

I know there's probably a very low chance to have a brain tumor but I can't help but be scared about it. Since a week and a half I've had burning at the back of my head. My right ear starting hurting as well. I had a couple of bad headache as well. I don't understand why it's burning, but it scares me. I went to see the doctor friday, he did a neurological exam which was fine. He gave me some anti-inflammatory medicine.

I don't want to go to the ER because I don't feel like it'a bad enough for that, but i'm still scared.

I don't know what to do. Each day that pass i'm more and more anxious about that.

Imeleedi
26-03-18, 18:42
Hello everyone,

I know there's probably a very low chance to have a brain tumor but I can't help but be scared about it. Since a week and a half I've had burning at the back of my head. My right ear starting hurting as well. I had a couple of bad headache as well. I don't understand why it's burning, but it scares me. I went to see the doctor friday, he did a neurological exam which was fine. He gave me some anti-inflammatory medicine.

I don't want to go to the ER because I don't feel like it'a bad enough for that, but i'm still scared.

I don't know what to do. Each day that pass i'm more and more anxious about that.

Burning sensations are usually caused by irritation of nerve endings. Brain tumours are unlikely to cause this type of symptom. Does the burning sensation increase on touch or is it more of an intermittent ache?

dumbledore
26-03-18, 19:09
Burning sensations are usually caused by irritation of nerve endings. Brain tumours are unlikely to cause this type of symptom. Does the burning sensation increase on touch or is it more of an intermittent ache?

It doesn't hurt more when i'm pressing on it. It's not always there too, I didn't find a pattern to it. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

Fishmanpa
26-03-18, 19:14
It doesn't hurt more when i'm pressing on it. It's not always there too, I didn't find a pattern to it. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts