PDA

View Full Version : Weakness in Arms

lessthanjared
26-03-18, 19:20
Hi guys, it's been a while since I've been here. On about monday last week, (so about 7 days ago), I came down with some coughing, sore throat, runny nose, fatigue, etc. Now, it's 7 days later and all of my symptoms have subsided, except for fatigue. what worries me though is the fatigue seems to be getting way worse, especially in my arms. My arms feel like they have weights on them, they're hard to lift and very weak. This is really really worrying me and I don't know what to do. HAs anyone else had a similar experience? I've spent today and yesterday on the floor in my bathroom vomiting because I am so scared. This is honestly terrifying. Could this be due to an infection or something? I keep worrying that I have some sort of degenerative muscle disease and it's horrifying me.

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

somebody please help :(

Fishmanpa
26-03-18, 19:35
The fact you've spent two days puking due to your anxiety speaks volumes as your perception is skewed and your anxiety is making mountains out of molehills. Frankly, it sounds like it's just the remnants of whatever bug you had :shrug:

Positive thoughts

lessthanjared
26-03-18, 19:43
The fact you've spent two days puking due to your anxiety speaks volumes as your perception is skewed and your anxiety is making mountains out of molehills. Frankly, it sounds like it's just the remnants of whatever bug you had :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Hey Fishmanpa, you're like a legend around these parts lol. The only thing that's worrying me is it seems like the muscle weakness gets worse every day instead of better... I just feel like I should be past that part of the illness since all my symptoms are gone. Have you ever had anything similar? I know my thoughts are irrational but it just terrifies me to think that I may actually be right. I feel like I'm trapped inside my own mind and my body and it is terrifying.

thanks for your reply, this website is my only form of solace right now. all my friends think I'm nuts.

lessthanjared
27-03-18, 19:09
im so ****ing depressed and panicking, why does nobody care

ankietyjoe
27-03-18, 19:33
There's a difference between actual weakness and perceived weakness. You probably have the latter.

Also, laying around doing nothing but worrying (which we all do) tenses up the muscles and cramps the nerves up, making you feel weaker.

lessthanjared
27-03-18, 19:44
what is the difference and why do you think i have the latter?

ankietyjoe
27-03-18, 20:16
The difference is that a) you think you're weaker or b) you actually are weaker. It's extraordinarily rare to have b).

If you're worried about it, go get it checked out.

lessthanjared
27-03-18, 20:21
okay, my arms feel physically weaker than normal...

im sorry if this sounds apprehensive or rude but i think i know what my symptoms are. im incredibly scared of what could be wrong and its discouraging me from going to a doctor.

ankietyjoe
27-03-18, 20:30
okay, my arms feel physically weaker than normal...

im sorry if this sounds apprehensive or rude but i think i know what my symptoms are. im incredibly scared of what could be wrong and its discouraging me from going to a doctor.

Then go get it checked out.

But before you do, remember that feeling weak is a very, very common symptom of anxiety.

lessthanjared
27-03-18, 20:36
what you're saying worries me an incredible amount more because i feel this even when i'm not anxious. i really don't want to go to the doctor and be told that i have a degenerative disease.

ankietyjoe
27-03-18, 22:05
You're just cherry picking which information you want to feed the anxiety.

Anxiety symptoms don't just pop up when you're actually experiencing anxiety. It's a bigger picture kind of ailment. You can experience symptoms rarely, often, or all the time. All outside of a period where you're actually feeling anxiety.

You don't just feel weak with an accompanying feeling of anxiousness.

lessthanjared
28-03-18, 18:04
i also just realized i have lost weight... i usually weigh around 140, i went to the doctor to get this checked out and he wasn't worried about it but i forgot to mention the weight loss. I got my blood tested but now im really scared to get results. i actually just had a panic attack so bad that i vomited. i feel like i have cancer or something.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

i know this is all irrational talk and it is embarrassing. this has got me so depressed that i don't know what to do.