PDA

View Full Version : HIV Fear

AnxiousArsenal
27-03-18, 09:19
Last year I did something really silly and performed oral sex on a guy. Now I knew him from university. I didn't get any HIV symptoms or signs after that apart from the little painful white spots you get on the tongue, however I have always gotten that. Fast forward to Saturday, i thought it'd be interesting to see my DNA result ( i don't know why I did that especially suffering with HA!!) I looked at the higher than average and it said I have a high susceptibility to developing AIDs but slow progressing. Now I am freaking out and think that some how the DNA test has picked up the virus in my system which is why it's coming with that. I went to get tested yesterday but was too embarrassed to ask about the the DNA results. I feel so sick at the thought of contracting HIV. I also do have gum disease which is why i feel it was transmitted this way now although my gum wasn't bleeding at the time. I have texted the guy to ask him about his testing history and he said that he tested in september and everything was fine but now I am super worried!!!

Samy
27-03-18, 09:34
I suffered with HIV anxiety for almost 2 years!
The only way..and i really mean that trust me, the only wany and the only test that can tell you if you have HIV or not are actual tests specifically made for HIV,no other test..period.
I 100% doubt you caught HIV from giving a heterosexual man oral.
The risk is almost nonexistent.
Relax, you'll be alright.

AnxiousArsenal
27-03-18, 09:45
Thank you very much for the reassurance. I have a week to go until I hear the results. But in this day and age people can fluctuate between men and women, which is fine! but just the fact you just dont know. My mind is racing and this will possibly be the longest week of my life!

WiseMonkey
27-03-18, 11:06
I 100% doubt you caught HIV from giving a heterosexual man oral.
The risk is almost nonexistent.
Relax, you'll be alright.

Samy is correct, the risk is non-existent, you can't get HIV from giving or receiving oral sex. I asked this question at an AIDS clinic some years ago when I had a test and was told ZERO by an expert.

I wasn't at risk but had the test because I was entering a new relationship and my partner did the same :)

AnxiousArsenal
27-03-18, 12:15
Samy is correct, the risk is non-existent, you can't get HIV from giving or receiving oral sex. I asked this question at an AIDS clinic some years ago when I had a test and was told ZERO by an expert.

I wasn't at risk but had the test because I was entering a new relationship and my partner did the same :)

Thank you very much WiseMonkey. This has put my mind at rest.