PDA

View Full Version : How do people deal with this day to day ?

TRISTAN
27-03-18, 10:38
Been suffering for a long time now , I’m married with 3 children and on a lot of meds , just wondering how people cope with there anxiety ????

Lost my job back in jan due to ill health and just lost all motivation and feel very sad for my family to see me like this

Is there an end ????? Lost hope now

kelly135
27-03-18, 19:01
All I can say is some days I'm able to do what is needed, and some days I don't. I try to hold on to the mini-successes I have so I can show myself there is a point to it all.

Honeynut
27-03-18, 21:40
I’ve suffered anxiety and panic attacks for 10 years now and I’ve tried everything from medication to CBT. I found cbt pretty useless for me and I’ve basically just done it all on my own the last few years. As the poster said above, you have to celebrate the mini successes and I try my best to distract myself or think about why I’m anxious. If I can pin point the problem, I talk it through with somebody or try and rationalize it in my own head to calm myself down. Some days it’s not so easy but I think this will pass and focus on other things.

pulisa
28-03-18, 08:19
You have an excellent approach to anxiety, Honeynut and I completely agree with all you say.