PDA

View Full Version : Waking up With Tight Throat and Weird Feelings

Trbfan
27-03-18, 15:01
So over the last few years I've slowly developed an issue, its been worse in the last year, where I will fall asleep, and wake up about 2 to 3 hours with the front of my throat feeling very tight, and i'll get getting a lightheaded feeling. Generally I'll toss and turn in bed half asleep, and it'll get worse until I fully wake up and sit up. It feels like something is squeezing down on my throat, and I'll start getting a bit of a lightheaded feeling and a choking feeling from it, and I'll start worrying about passing out.

Even though its more prominent in the last few months, I first noticed something similar to this 4 or 5 years ago on my grandmas couch trying to lay down with my neck kinked weird I suddenly got a feeling similar to this and it would take awhile to go away, and sitting up is the only way to get it to go away. This is essentially the same thing, I have to sit up for awhile and it will slowly go back to normal. I pretty much have to sleep on my right side due to it, usually once it relaxes im able to fall back asleep and sleep fine.

I really have no idea what it could be right now. I have a lot of issues with tense muscles and TMJ in my head, so I dont know if its just a muscle thats so tense and out of wack thats its causing issues or what. Anyone else experience this?