PDA

View Full Version : Weird thing just happened to my left eye

anxious_thoughts
27-03-18, 15:57
Hello everyone,

I’m a bit panicky right now as I had a weird experience with my left eye. I woke up this morning and went downstairs to get breakfast. Totally normal. I got to the kitchen and started to prepare something when I noticed my left ear started to feel clogged and started to ring a little (I have a sinus thing going on right now) but then I noticed the vision in my left eye was funny.

My left eye felt like it had slight pressure on it, but it wasn’t blurry or anything. You know when you look into the sun or a bright light for too long and it leaves that light imprint in your vision for a little while? That’s what it felt like with my eye. Like I just had looked into the sun with that eye only and there was a black shadow thing with a little bit of pressure and my left ear was feeling clogged.

I have brain tumour fears and diabetes. So that was the first thing I thought of. Or that my blood pressure was too high. I don’t know but now I’m nervous about going to work just in case that happens again. 😞😞

---------- Post added at 10:57 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

I forgot to add it only lasted a couple seconds. But totally freaked me out! I’m scared it’s a sign of something more serious.

Scass
27-03-18, 19:59
I think it’s probably related to just waking up/sinus problems.
Sometimes brightness can affect your vision.

If it’s something that happens regularly then go and get it checked. But as it is, I wouldn’t be concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LucyR
27-03-18, 20:23
I would go straight to your local optician. This could be the first warning symptoms of a possible detached retina. I have had this. If they catch it early they can prevent the retina coming off.

stella55
27-03-18, 21:18
Hi! Did that shadow go away after a while? I believe you had some sort of temporary blood flow problem, which can also result in this "clogged ear" feeling. I experience lots of weird visual symptoms, including self-appearing afterimages (what you described as an "imprint"), and a full-blown ocular migraine attack. When I spoke to my ophtalmologist about this, she said that these things are usually caused by poor blood flow in the brain or the eye. This can be benign (for instance, if you have low blood pressure), but maybe this time it really was due to your sinus problem.

That being said, if this "shadow" didn't go away or got worse, it could potentially be very serious (a detached retina, like LucyR mentioned). Take care :)

anxious_thoughts
27-03-18, 21:34
Hello everyone, thank you for your messages.

So it only lasted maybe 5 seconds. I just got back from work and felt okay the whole day. My vision is fine and my ear doesn’t feel clogged anymore. If it happens again I’ll definitely bring it up to my doctor. I’m hoping it’s just something from my sinuses.

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

Hello Stella,

Did your ophthalmologist say if the poor blood flow to your brain or eye could be dangerous?

This only lasted a couple seconds but for some reason I feel like it has happened once before a couple years ago because it feels familiar.

stella55
03-04-18, 21:25
Hello Stella,

Did your ophthalmologist say if the poor blood flow to your brain or eye could be dangerous?

This only lasted a couple seconds but for some reason I feel like it has happened once before a couple years ago because it feels familiar.

Hi,
no, she didn't explain this further. She said I can see a neurologist if I want to, but I never got round to it. So obviously I'm not qualified to tell if it can be dangerous or not. :) However, because I had done some research on such visual disturbances (as I have tons of them), I noticed that no one really knows what causes them. Most of the time they are called benign. Some people even noticed patterns between their stress and anxiety and these visual symptoms.

But because this clearly doesn't happen to you often, I would say you have no reason to worry. :)

Stars123
03-04-18, 21:38
I get this I've had it on and off for a while now but rarely recently the whole eye thing has been more though I have postural tachycardia syndrome ( they think) so when I'm standing ect it's taking my body alot to stay upright my heart rate will go really high and my blood pressure will drop or go high either it causes symptoms like this if your heart rate isn't changing it could be a silent migraine which cause this really nothing to worry about it could even be your sinus trying to drain x