PDA

View Full Version : eye problem

susie1
27-03-18, 19:12
Please can you help.
I had a very bad throat virus for about 3 weeks(It went and came back) just before it started I had real problems with my left eye which is still happening. I have had an eye test but the optician says it is fine. He thought it could be sinus. My left eye is itchy but more than that it is gritty and painful. The bit right in the corner of my eye feels much harder than the other eye. My eye actually feels cold, as does my nose. I can also hear my pulse in my right ear when I go to bed. Has anyone else had anything like this. I have convinced myself that I have a sinus tumour. Any responses would be appreciated. I am spiralling.

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

Anybody? please?

doglover1967
28-03-18, 03:06
I can always hear my pulse in my right ear. It’s due to inflammation caused by TMJ. I wonder if your issues could simply be caused by inflammation from the virus? I also have chronic sinus issues which cause a host of problems, some of which seem odd for sinus, but I’ve had them for 30+ years.

jrcoleman
28-03-18, 04:07
Try some eye drops for the dryness and itchiness. Also, are you taking any meds for the virus? That could be the cause of the grittiness. The pulse thing in the ear, happens to me constantly, you have to find a way to position your head so your not pressing against anything.

susie1
28-03-18, 12:36
Thankyou for your replies. means a lot that people have commented. I guess I am scared because it feels more than just gritty eyes. It seems to eminate from behind the very corner of my eye and is like a pain. It actually feels cold, like I have a draft in it and the feeling goes down the side of my nose. I am definitelt still congested after the virus but ( sorry to be gross) am producing anything at all when I blow my nose. I am terrified that this suggests a tumour

Fishmanpa
28-03-18, 12:44
If the eye doctor felt in any way, shape or form there was something warranting further investigation, you wouldn't have been sent on your way. What you describe is not indicative of cancer IMO. I agree with eye lubrication drops and refraining from poking and prodding would be beneficial as well.

Positive thoughts

susie1
28-03-18, 12:49
thankyou. the familiar fear is overwhelming. I'm a teacher, on eater holiday and once again my ,rest, is completely obliterated by fear. I am focussing on my eye 24/7 - I know that. I just can't find an explanation for it and feel that I cannot explain the pain to anyone. You are always so calm. thankyou