PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell me if this is what i have

Mariama
14-12-04, 17:08
Hi everyone, I hope somebody reads this and replies,

since joining this group I have become very aware of my own roblems which I wasnt so aware of before, such as this OCD, I mean Im not too sure whether I do have this, but I wonder if you could help.

I mean it startsd with the fact that I have had to have and HIV test some time ago, in fact I convinced myself it was false and had another, I obsessed over the guilt etc, then I thought the test was wrong Im now going through that thought process again, which is stupid. I also have bad thoughts of religion, although I have reason to think thats satan,
(Im a Muslim btw) although that did get outta hand a while back, and still does to the point when a shcolar tells me a ruling on something. I wont listen and have to ask about five different people!!!

I also panick about becoming homeless, ending up with no kids, no family, no money, I fear my husband dying all the time, I fear losing him so much!!

After one thought leaves me, another deadly thought creeps in and I'll obsess over that for a few weeks, and truthfully I cannot really take it any more, its stressing me out so much!! Tell me if I see my doctor again, is there meds for this, if I tell her the whole truth? or is this smething I have to live with?

seh1980
14-12-04, 21:31
hello there,

Loads of us have very weird obsessive thoughts like that. The best thing for you to do is to try to be as honest as you can with you GP. He/she will be able to refer you to a counsellor and/or to prescribe you with medication. There is medication out there for this kind of thing but only your GP will be able to tell you whether it's the right thing for you. Take care.

Sarah :D

vernon
14-12-04, 22:43
hi I would say the same as sarah, we all get horrible thoughts and when one leaves another takes its place. Go tell your Doctor all about it and if u dont seem happy with that aske her to refer u to a specialst. take care

Enigma
15-01-05, 17:22
Hi

It sounds to me like your ruminating on problems for longer than you would normally, rather than OCD. Intrusive thoughts are a nightmare when you can't control them. If they are keeping you awake at night, or cropping up on numerous occasions during the day you maybe should see your GP. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy is really useful for this sort of problem (and OCD). I see this is an old post...but hope it helps!:D

www.phoenixhypno.bravehost.com