PDA

View Full Version : Kidney disease? Or something else?

Howanxious
28-03-18, 16:38
I'm so worried about something that's happening me right now. Last sunday my GF told me that my breath was strange, she felt a smell like something metallic or iron. Now it's wednesday and she says that she can smell that in my breath now. The famous Dr Google says that it can be related to Chronic Kidney Disease (also gastrointestinal troubles and so on) and it made me go freak! My grandfather died because of that and it terrifies me. I'm just 20 years old and two weeks ago my blood tests and urine test were normal (just uric acid was slightly elevated), but now I don't know what to do. Should I discuss this with my GP? Why I'm having this strange smell in my breath? I can't smell it clearly, but two different persons told me the same thing, It doesn't matter if I've just cleaned my teeth, the smell seems to be there.

Howanxious
29-03-18, 02:03
Anyone?
Please!

megsi99
29-03-18, 02:25
I don’t think you need to worry. Do you have tonsil stones? They are white harmless accumulations of junk in your tonsils that stink. Bad. I used to get them all the time. Sometimes you can see them, sometimes not.

Reality Speaking
29-03-18, 03:10
Why are you worried about kidney problems when your blood tests and urine tests were normal?

Howanxious
29-03-18, 04:52
I don’t think you need to worry. Do you have tonsil stones? They are white harmless accumulations of junk in your tonsils that stink. Bad. I used to get them all the time. Sometimes you can see them, sometimes not.
I can't see any tonsil stone there. I've had these and I don't think that they are causing this :huh:

Why are you worried about kidney problems when your blood tests and urine tests were normal?
Maybe because the blood tests don't checked my renal function or my creatinine (wich are two strong indicators of the kidneys health). My GP only checked urea levels and it was normal. And yes, my urine test it's within the normal ranges, but I can't stop spiraling due to that bad smell thing :wacko: