PDA

View Full Version : Ribs ache, Possibly stick out one side???

muzicdejay
28-03-18, 16:46
Hi guys, Wow I haven't posted here for a good while, I've been doing really good until now. The last few months I've had a dull ache, off and on in my ribs, nothing major just uncomfortable! Anyhow, last week as I was rubbing my right side ribs I felt what I thought was a lump, feels like it's part of the rib, one of the bottom ribs, lump is at the side, the whole rib feels like it's a bit inflamed maybe?
Saw doc on Monday who mentioned about a floating rib and it's fine, sent me for an xray anyway, just waiting on results. Of course I now think I have some form of cancer and I'm absolutely freaking myself out.
Anyone have anything similar? Please if you have any horror stories I'd rather not know though, I'm already thinking the worst.
Thanks in advance guys. x

nomorepanic
28-03-18, 16:57
Why don't you believe what the doctor said it was ?

muzicdejay
28-03-18, 18:40
Why don't you believe what the doctor said it was ?

Because I've never heard of it before! I suffer with health anxiety so Always think the worst

nomorepanic
28-03-18, 20:07
But it is a thing that the doctor has suggested you had and I bet he never mentioned cancer at all.

What help are you getting for the HA?

muzicdejay
29-03-18, 10:07
No you are right, He never mentioned cancer.
Having no help with the health anxiety, I been doing good, in fact I think the last time I posted here was 2010, been doing great then suddenly it's back.

I guess I could speak to someone about it before it gets out of control