PDA

View Full Version : What is this??

Scaldris
28-03-18, 17:10
HI and sorry if I post this in the wrong thread.

I have a strong fear that what if I'm loosing my mind, going crazy having schizophrenia in a way or other or just being schizoid.. I know I have ocd,I haven't been diagnosed and I know I shouldn' self diagnose, but I recently recovered from hocd. When I was younger I remember I was anxious about everything, had a fear that if I don't chew my food for a long time I will choke on it etc..

So this schizoid/going mad fear started last summer when I was having ahard time with hocd, my anxiety levels were over the roof and I've experienced a bit more deja vu recently. This died down a little, I tried not to care about it, like with ocd. But it tried to get me with everything. Like when I read something and make mistakes this fear points out that this is because my braun malfunctions, or when I wake up it makes me feel strange and tells me this is also a sign. If I dont care about it there are none of these present.But the main focus is relationships..I've always wanted friends, a boyfriend and all but I was bullied in school, even a little in kindergarten. So when I got together with someone I adored that would instantly fade and feel annoyance instead, and the need to just leave the relationship. For example, I like a boy since I was 6-7, got together with him last year when hocd was strong and I could only feel happy sometimes, noticed I have a fear of baing intimate with him..maybe because I did not trust him, I dont know, it ended badly anyway. A few months later I've met a few new people and started to like a guy.Winter he invited me to a date, and it was the time of my life, I've never felt this great with anyone.Dates passed and we got together, but I did not feel THAT love.I've got anxious every time I was with him from then on, desired to have intimacy with him, but then my fear awoken and I felt like I will throw up.. But lately his fear got intense...If I chat with a guy and think how great would it be with a boyfriend then my fear kicks in and I start to cry. I mostly stay home, but I love spending time with my friends, once even travelled to the capital city with them (which is far) for 2 days and had no fear, did not want to stay home instead.I'm fine around people, sometimes I have a little passing fear that what if I annoy them or they dont like me but thats all. I love my family, and my friends. I would love to have close friendships.
The most frightening thing/"symptom" for me is the "fantasy world" one. I'm an artist myself, I like being creative, love fantasy themes and have a little story since I was a child. I would like to make this story into a comic and usually I daydream and build this tale...So this part scares me the most, because I know I want a relationship, be around people even tho I'm shy.

It might be because of high stress, it's my last year in high school. I forgot to mention that I'm 18, female. Thank you if you read this, please help me by giving your thoughts on this. Thanks.

MyNameIsTerry
29-03-18, 02:19
From what you have written it seems like your OCD has started to focus on ROCD themes. There will likely be some overlaps between the HOCD too e.g. reassurance seeking behaviours, testing, etc.

But you are still young and at that stage where you are finding out what you like and rather than go along with the norms of school group friends you are now entering a wider society. This can be confusing, especially with the issues anxiety brings e.g. overthinking.

Finding what you like is trial & error. You just settle into a groove at some point as you have experiences. I wouldn't overthink this, see where things take you and try not to analyse what it all means. You will meet people you like and want to be around and the relationships will come. The more you worry over when that will be the more emotional upset you just cause yourself.

Scaldris
29-03-18, 09:59
Thank you soo much for replying, I'll try and do as you have said.