PDA

View Full Version : dizzy/head rushes

zacman777
29-03-18, 14:00
I'm wondering if anybody else has issues similar to mine. The best way I can describe it is the same heavy/dizzy feeling you get when you stand up too quick. But I can get it just sitting, laying down, or already standing, and it is really intense and only lasts maybe 1-2 seconds. After that I immediately get that adrenaline/panic flush through my body. I feel like it is happening more and more lately. Last night was very bad in particular. I was laying down in bed trying to fall asleep and this happened 5-7 times about 2-3 minutes apart. Every time I would get that panic feeling and my heart would start to pound, but I'm sure THAT is just my anxious reaction to it. I've told my doctor about these before but he seems unconcerned, but he has also never looked into it to rule something out. Sadly it feels like I have been given this label of someone with anxiety and he always goes to that first, not even wiling to consider that it could be something else. But also I'm not a doctor, so what do I know? Has anybody else experienced this? Is this really just anxiety? I'm nervous about a brain tumor or even something like mini seizures.

Scass
29-03-18, 14:47
I know the feeling and I know how scary it is, but I *think* that the more you think about it, then the more it’ll happen.
I kept getting this a couple of weeks ago - I’d get a sort of vertigo feeling getting out the car or moving. It happened quite regularly and I was worrying about it. I gave myself a good talking to & it hasn’t happened since. I knew it was worse because I was focusing on it more.

In my 20s when I used to get regular panic attacks & anxiety- I used to get the same feeling as you were getting now. Sometimes I’d jolt awake from it. I think it’s when you relax & your body has been so tense (without you realising it). Perhaps try some breathing exercises to help you understand the tension your body holds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zacman777
29-03-18, 15:04
I know the feeling and I know how scary it is, but I *think* that the more you think about it, then the more it’ll happen.
I kept getting this a couple of weeks ago - I’d get a sort of vertigo feeling getting out the car or moving. It happened quite regularly and I was worrying about it. I gave myself a good talking to & it hasn’t happened since. I knew it was worse because I was focusing on it more.

In my 20s when I used to get regular panic attacks & anxiety- I used to get the same feeling as you were getting now. Sometimes I’d jolt awake from it. I think it’s when you relax & your body has been so tense (without you realising it). Perhaps try some breathing exercises to help you understand the tension your body holds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'm sorry you've dealt with this, because it isn't fun. And the way you describe it, like a vertigo feeling, is a much better description of what it is. I'm going to try my hardest to accept it as a symptom of my anxiety. This anxiety is such a scary and remarkable thing at the same time. That it can create such real physical symptoms is so maddening. Thank you again for your reply and I hope you have a great day!