PDA

View Full Version : Potential Trigger: Best place to go for a holiday if you're anxiety prone?

tan235
29-03-18, 22:48
HI All!
I need a holiday, I'm overstressed and have been for years, I need to go somewhere warm and where all I do is eat and sleep. However, I have bad indigestion at the moment, just been cleared from H Pylori but still having stomach issues and having severe anxiety about stomach cancer, don't get a gastroscopy till 30th April.

I get a holiday in a week soon from 15th April - 25th Aprill so thought I'd tak that time to actually go somewhere get away, but where I want to go is Fiji, or Samoa or an Island, however the hospitals there are not great, and I have a fear of being sick and not being near a hospital. I use to love Camping, but since my anxiety has really kicked in I'm useless going anywhere far away from civilization. I will be going with a 6-year-old as well so it will be just me and her, how do you cope with going somewhere like an island not near medical resources with your anxiety?
I read about a woman dying whilst on a holiday in Fiji as the hospital wasn't equipped to deal with her and that's triggered me severely yet I know I need a holiday to bloody relax! - sorry if this triggers anyone.

Currently, no matter what I eat, I get indigestion so I'm freaking out about food as well.
What would you do - where would you go do I take a whole pharmacy with me???

Fishmanpa
30-03-18, 11:45
Stay in the US. Go to the Florida Keys. Pull a Jimmy Buffet :D

Positive thoughts

tan235
30-03-18, 22:15
I"m in NZ! x

Fishmanpa
30-03-18, 22:56
I"m in NZ! x

Might want to change your country of origin in your profile. It says US.

Positive thoughts