PDA

View Full Version : Severe brain aneurysm fears and symptoms

magicalgirl
30-03-18, 09:48
Okay I’m having a terrible panic attack right now. Please someone help me.

In December I received a mild concussion. While in PE a boy was trying to see how hard he could kick a volleyball into the wall and it accidentally whacked me in the head. I went to the ER and the doctor told me there was no need for any scans because I didn’t black out or have memory problems after I was hit. I didn’t have health insurance at the time and decided to trust his words. The following weeks after I had some headaches and migraines, but that was it.

Things seemed to get better in January, but by February I noticed that the right side of my head (the area where I got hit) has a slight pressure that won’t go away. The deepest part of the pressure is in one spot. It’s not even the spot I was hit at. It’s a small area close to the crown of my head.

This past week it’s been hurting in that exact small spot. There’s a deep pressure and every now and then a pain. It freaks me out that I’m not having a headache all over my head, or even just half. It’s all in that one small spot. I’ve also been getting dizzy and having this weird “out of it” feeling.

I have health insurance now and tried to schedule an appointment with my doctor so I can order and MRI, but I have to wait about a week. I thought I was doing pretty good until I was just browsing on the computer and my head was not hurting very much when all of a sudden my vision starts going blurry and kind of “in and out” of focus. It freaked me out. I wasn’t feeling anxiety or anything.

So my anxiety got the better of me and I went to google. I’m terrified right now. I learned that a concussion can cause an aneurysm. Now usually unruptured aneurysms don’t have any symptoms until they burst, unless it’s a large one pushing on the brain and nerves.

I feel like that’s what I have. The pressure I feel in that one place is only the side of a penny and the pressure is so dense to the point where it aches. I’m freaking out and don’t know what to do. It’s like a knot in my head. I’m really scared.

Matilda_H
30-03-18, 12:45
There are plenty of benign reasons for head pain accompanied by eye problems. It could just be some form of an ocular migraine or a cluster headache as they can interrupt your vision.

If you had a large unruptured aneurysm, it wouldn't come on suddenly or go away and come back as it'd be constantly pressing on nerves which would cause a myriad of symptoms. Double vision, nausea, one side of your body/face may be weak, vomiting etc.

A slight feeling of pressure or pain in a spot that was injured several months ago doesn't sound like a large aneurysm, or even a small aneurysm to me. Try not to freak out which I know is easier said than done.

If it's really bothering you, you could go back to your doctor and explain all of this and maybe he/she can put your mind at ease. :)

Fishmanpa
30-03-18, 12:52
You were cleared by several medical professionals close to 4 months ago. Pure and simple, this is anxiety exasperated by Dr. Google :lac:

Positive thoughts

magicalgirl
31-03-18, 03:12
Thank you both for the replies! It really means a lot to me and helps a bunch. The pressure is always there it’s just a matter if I focus on it or not, but I’m starting to believe it could be a mix of cluster headaches and migraines considering I have no nausea or numbness.

Thank you both again. I’m working on making myself believe that anxiety DOES have physical symptoms. It’s hard, but I’m getting there!