PDA

View Full Version : UTI won't go away

megsi99
30-03-18, 19:02
I was treated for a kidney infection last tuesday with Bactrim, but had to stop taking on Tuesday because of an allergic reaction. I had a urine culture done to make sure it was gone, and it's not. It showed 20,000 CFU of staph. Wahhh. So my doctor is starting me on another 5-7 cycle of meds.

Has anyone else dealt with this? It's making me so anxious and stressed that it didn't go away, but my doctor said it could be because I had to stop the other one early, or because bactrim didn't take care of the infection. I'm worried it will become something worse. :(

cattia
30-03-18, 19:46
It was a UTI that kicked off my recent HA meltdown. Mime did go after seven days of antibiotics but I'm terrified it's going to come back again and keep feeling like it might be. UTIs can be notoriously tricky to treat, you have to get the right antibiotic and take a long enough course. I had recurring ones on and off for a few years when I was in my twenties. The supplement D Mannose can help. I'm sure your doctor will be able to find the drugs that work for you and it will clear up.