PDA

View Full Version : Very serious insomnia... Please help

dus1996
31-03-18, 00:08
Let's start... It's already been two days since I had any sleep... Today i had a really long trip and I did it without any sleep I was so exhausted I couldn't sleep the night before... (most of the times I can't sleep if I have to travel the next day)
Right now the trip is over and I thought well I haven't had any sleep for 2 days and I had a long trip... I will sleep like a baby! I was so wrong... Right now it's already been two hours I'm just lying in bed with my eyes closed trying to get some sleep... I feel so tired and my brain can't go to sleep... I really want to cry.. Why can't I sleep like other people???? This happened again to me recently and I went 3 days without sleep... I felt horrible... I really want to sleep tonight but I think the morning will come and I will be awake and exhausted... I have tried some herbal pills but nothing happened... Please help me ������

Stu n84
31-03-18, 01:46
Hi, suffered quite badly from insomnia in the past, best advice I can give is, if after a while of trying to get to sleep you find that you can't don't just lay there, try getting up and reading for a while, then when you return to bed you might find it easier to get to off to sleep. Try not to worry too much about getting to sleep, the more significance you place on it the more difficult you will find it to sleep, you've slept better before and will do again.I hope it improves for you soon

dus1996
31-03-18, 07:21
Thank you for your answer!! Unfortunately I just spent my 3rd night without any sleep and I want to cry.. I'm so tired and my body can't rest.. Why Is this happening to me �� should I go to a doctor??

Stu n84
31-03-18, 09:53
I would personally leave it a bit longer before going to the doctors, if its only a recent occurrence that you've been this way there's no reason why you can't get back to sleeping like you used to.There are plenty of sleep meditation videos on YouTube which can be very relaxing, maybe worth giving a try tonight. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, try no to get yourself too down about it.

Wooster
04-04-18, 16:56
Sometimes, for some god-forsaken reason, it's possible to be so incredibly tired that you can't sleep. It happens to me all the time! Make sure you're doing all the basic stuff, like avoiding screens a few hours before bed, no caffeine etc. Breathing exercises might also help? I always find that reading in bed makes me sleepy too. Antihistamines (like hayfever tablets) also have the side-effect of making you drowsy, so those could be worth a go.

Juggar
09-04-18, 07:17
I went 5 days, the key was to stop caring. I just stopped, and said well, it is what it is.

I slept like a rock that night. This was during a VERY high stress time in my life and as that stress subsided my natural sleep came back to me.

I still have the occasional bad night but the key point is to not let fear of insomnia get rooted in.

Benadryl may work wonders for you, it’s not some herb, it will make you drowsy but you can’t take it every night as tolerance develops quickly.