PDA

View Full Version : Should I go to A&E? Bleeding from anus. Panicking like crazy

Rls1994
31-03-18, 00:54
I had a bowel movement this evening and when I saw the tissue, most of it was covered in bright red blood and then I saw the inside of the toilet and was horrified. The water was all red. My parents seem to think it's "nothing" and is most likely hemorrhoids, but my bottom isn't sore?? I have been straining with bowel movements lately and it has been a bit sore and bloody when I wipe my bottom, but I went to the toilet without doing a bowel movement and drips of blood stained the water. It felt like something was popping out (?) when it happened. I thought it was gas but don't think it is. I'm scared to death!! Should I go straight to A&E or leave it for a few days and see if it's still doing it? I do strain quite a bit when having bowel movements but never had this issue before. Of course my anxiety assumes it's the C-word... I've had stomach troubles for the past two months almost every day but doctors aren't all that worried. My recent doctor prescribed me with tables for gastritis as they suspected it but doubt I have that. I keep hearing stories about people being misdiagnosed several times when they've had tummy troubles and then being told they had late stage cancer.. It's so scary..

venusbluejeans
31-03-18, 01:31
bright red blood indicates piles or a fissure.... which are very common as you know

It is dark brown old blood which would be a problem.... not bright red.

so no don't go to A&E at all, it would be a BIG waste of your and their time

MyNameIsTerry
31-03-18, 01:32
You mention you strain a lot which is one of the big reasons people get roids. You felt like something popping out could be a roid when inflamed popping out. You've had soreness & blood before which are signs of roids too.

All of those add up to the most likely culprit which is roids. Since your GP is already treating you for something you could ask them about this but all evidence points to roids.

Even if it were cancer, you wouldn't go to A&E anyway as they can do no more for you than a GP since it's not dealt with by them and a GP can just as easily send you to a priority service ward that deals with GP emergencies.

My thoughts are that this is roids. You don't always have pain with them even if you do bleed. I often don't get pain with a little blood. But considering the straining there may also be the possibility of a tear hence more blood. Both are an issue for a GP though.

welsh girl
02-04-18, 10:26
Yes, go to Dr, this is something which should not be ignored,

Honeynut
02-04-18, 10:49
I wouldn’t go to a&e as it’s most likely piles of a fissure. They don’t always hurt and you can not know they’re there until they bleed. I’ve had severe rectal bleeding for weeks and I’ve been told I have IBD so just know it’s not always cancer :)