PDA

View Full Version : Serious infection from whitehead?

HopeI'mWrong:P
31-03-18, 02:12
Hi, thanks in advance for reading. I've been getting lots and lots of whiteheads on my face recently. A huge one on my chin burst earlier today. I'm now in bed and it feels really itchy and sore. Maybe it's just from my face touching the pillow but I'm really really worried that it's because of a potentially nasty infection. I'm imagining it being something like MRSA or even flesh-eating bacteria! I know that's a huge leap, but I just can't stop thinking about it. I try to take my find off but then it itches/ tingles and I start to panic again. Also, I went out last night and stupidly drank a lot of alcohol (it's 2:15am here and I'm still hungover) so I'm worried that my immune system won't be able to fight off infections as well as it usually could Argh :(

Fishmanpa
31-03-18, 02:17
It's a zit. You popped it. It's sore. It happens. That's it :shrug:

Positive thoughts

EmmyDay
31-03-18, 10:12
As a person who had acne for years, so have had a fair share of spots, nothing you've described here sounds unusual at all. Spots do get painful, irritated, and itchy if they've been burst. It's exactly like if you burst a blister or cut your hand or something, the area does get irritated as your body works on scabbing it over and ensuring nothing gets inside, there's nothing unusual about that. Drinking won't have stopped your body protected a tiny little burst spot, so don't worry about that.
Any infection from a spot is unlikely, but for it to be anything serious is a very, very far reach. Nothing here is indicating infection to me, but of course if you notice the whole area become inflamed, hot, red, or the spot/scab changes colour or something, get it checked. Even then though, I can't see it being anything serious. It doesn't sound like anything more than a regular burst spot to me [emoji846]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk