PDA

View Full Version : Small white spot?

AnxietyGirl30
31-03-18, 12:15
Hi there, I woken up this morning with a brusied feeling when I swallowed I thought maybe my mouth was dry and needed a drink. I had a look in my mouth and at the back on my soft palate I could one tiny white spot :( does anyone know what this could be and should I be worried 😟 doctors aren’t open until Monday so can’t get an appointment. I suffer from health anxiety and this is making me sick with worry please anyone.

EmmyDay
31-03-18, 12:20
Hiya,
This sounds like a mouth sore and nothing to be particularly worried about unless it persists or causes severe pain, to be honest. Are there any pharmacies open near you? They'll be able to take a look for you and suggest what to do next!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AnxietyGirl30
31-03-18, 14:56
Hiya,
This sounds like a mouth sore and nothing to be particularly worried about unless it persists or causes severe pain, to be honest. Are there any pharmacies open near you? They'll be able to take a look for you and suggest what to do next!

Thank you for your reply. If it is still there on Monday I will call the doctors, it’s looking more like an ulcer now and is a little sore when I swallow but not severe pain, I’ve had way more painful ulcers before.

Annaboodle
31-03-18, 16:39
Just ask a pharmacist if you're worried. They are really good for advice on minor things like this. There's no need to go to a doctor with a tiny spot that will most likely clear up on its own in a couple of days.

AnxietyGirl30
01-04-18, 16:12
I’m not sure what the spot is that’s why I’m scared :( it hurts a bit when I swallow but not so much that I can’t eat or drink it’s just an annoying feelin. I’ve been gargling my mouth out in salt and water I’m hipi g it will help. My partner said he had same thing as me he actually went to show me it but it had gone he thought it was still there but because he wasn’t bothered about it hadn’t checked on it. Wish I was like him he’s so calm about these things

Matilda_H
01-04-18, 16:18
If your partner had it then he's probably passed it onto you. White spots at the back of the mouth/throat are a typical symptom of a bacterial infection, these kinds of infections clear up on their own within a few days to a week. I've seen plenty of people with white spots at the back of their throats during a cold, flu or tonsillitis.

The fact that your partner had it and now you have it should reassure you that it's just a contagious bacterial thing. Try some honey (raw is best) with a chunk of lemon in some warm water a few times a day, I recently did this for a sore throat from a cold. :)

EmmyDay
01-04-18, 16:18
I’m not sure what the spot is that’s why I’m scared :( it hurts a bit when I swallow but not so much that I can’t eat or drink it’s just an annoying feelin. I’ve been gargling my mouth out in salt and water I’m hipi g it will help. My partner said he had same thing as me he actually went to show me it but it had gone he thought it was still there but because he wasn’t bothered about it hadn’t checked on it. Wish I was like him he’s so calm about these thingsI think it may be a good idea to go and ask your pharmacist, it's likely a mouth sore/ulcer, especially if it feels painful or sensitive, but to reassure you if it is anything a pharmacist will be able to let you know whether you need to follow this up with a doctor's or dentist appointment.

Bigboyuk
01-04-18, 16:26
HI its certainly not life threating, annoying and a bit painful yes. What are you doing with to combat your HA? I would certainly ask your dr for help with this it seems a common MH right now :) ATB

AnxietyGirl30
01-04-18, 17:35
HI its certainly not life threating, annoying and a bit painful yes. What are you doing with to combat your HA? I would certainly ask your dr for help with this it seems a common MH right now :) ATB

I’m actually doing CBT at the moment but doesn’t stop me worrying unfortunately :(

Bigboyuk
01-04-18, 17:47
I’m actually doing CBT at the moment but doesn’t stop me worrying unfortunately :( Iam sorry to hear this, how long have you been doing CBT? Have you really given it time to help and have you spoke to your therapist about it not working? I do wish you well on the road to recovery :) ATB

AnxietyGirl30
01-04-18, 19:31
Thank you, I haven’t been going for long so I still need to give it time I guess. I hope by the end it does work because I don’t know how long I can go on like this for.

Bigboyuk
01-04-18, 19:45
Thank you, I haven’t been going for long so I still need to give it time I guess. I hope by the end it does work because I don’t know how long I can go on like this for. Well give it a go and there are various levels of CBT to so run this by your therapist also there is a member on here who knows the different levels of CBT hope fully he will see your post and reply accordingly good luck:) ATB

AnxietyGirl30
02-04-18, 13:36
So the spot doesn’t hurt when I swallow now and I can’t feel it when I swallow either I’m assuming that means it’s reduced in size otherwise I would still feel it when I swallow. I can still see the spot but can’t tell whether it’s going or not the surrounding area looks inflamed. Wish the doctors were open but they aren’t until tomorrow because of Easter Monday. I’m going to call the doctor tomorrow and hopefully it will put my mind at rest I don’t like the unknown that’s what scares me most.

EmmyDay
02-04-18, 14:03
So the spot doesn’t hurt when I swallow now and I can’t feel it when I swallow either I’m assuming that means it’s reduced in size otherwise I would still feel it when I swallow. I can still see the spot but can’t tell whether it’s going or not the surrounding area looks inflamed. Wish the doctors were open but they aren’t until tomorrow because of Easter Monday. I’m going to call the doctor tomorrow and hopefully it will put my mind at rest I don’t like the unknown that’s what scares me most.Hiya
Glad you're not experiencing any pain with it anymore, you're right that is a really positive sign it's going down.
Why not pop down to your local pharmacist? It'll be much faster than waiting for a doctor's appointment and they're able to advise you on whether they think it warrants one, they'd probably stock something you could use to get rid of it as well.
Good luck with it all, keep us updated!

AnxietyGirl30
03-04-18, 09:32
I have a doctor call back today as all appointments were taken so if doctor thinks I need to come in they will tell me otherwise I will be given telephone advice so I’m just waiting now. Feeling very frightened today and got upset last night and cried.my partner tries to understand but he’s had to put with my HA for months now so it’s hard. I just hope it’s nothing so I can get on with life, I find it difficult to move on with something without it being checked out by a doctor because I become so obsessed with it :(

Bigboyuk
03-04-18, 10:02
I have a doctor call back today as all appointments were taken so if doctor thinks I need to come in they will tell me otherwise I will be given telephone advice so I’m just waiting now. Feeling very frightened today and got upset last night and cried.my partner tries to understand but he’s had to put with my HA for months now so it’s hard. I just hope it’s nothing so I can get on with life, I find it difficult to move on with something without it being checked out by a doctor because I become so obsessed with it :( Right, but what are you going to do when the next worry comes, go running to your dr again and again this cycle will continue till you get help with your HA. ATB

AnxietyGirl30
03-04-18, 10:33
Doctor called back I have to go in to get a swab at 11.20 to check if it’s bacterial or just a virus. I will get results ina couple of days. If it is bacterial then I will need antibiotics but if just viral then it should go in 7-10 days according to the doctor. I feel a bit better about this but will feel 100% better if the spot goes.

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

Right, but what are you going to do when the next worry comes, go running to your dr again and again this cycle will continue till you get help with your HA. ATB

I already am getting help! I got to cbt what more can I do and I was right to go doctors because I may need antibiotics

Bigboyuk
03-04-18, 10:37
Doctor called back I have to go in to get a swab at 11.20 to check if it’s bacterial or just a virus. I will get results ina couple of days. If it is bacterial then I will need antibiotics but if just viral then it should go in 7-10 days according to the doctor. I feel a bit better about this but will feel 100% better if the spot goes.

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

I already am getting help! I got to cbt what more can I do and I was right to go doctors because I may need antibiotics That's good, no one is suggesting you aren't right to go and see your dr either, glad you are feeling a bit better now :) ATB

AnxietyGirl30
03-04-18, 13:26
Went and got my throat swab, nurse couldn’t even see the spot which was slightly annoying because now I feel stupid. Hopefully my throat hasn’t got a bacterial virus and it’s just a normal virus.

Bigboyuk
03-04-18, 13:47
Went and got my throat swab, nurse couldn’t even see the spot which was slightly annoying because now I feel stupid. Hopefully my throat hasn’t got a bacterial virus and it’s just a normal virus.Even if it is a bacterial virus it's treatable and nothing to worry about ;) ATB