PDA

View Full Version : Itching/Sensitivity

anom
31-03-18, 12:51
Hello (again)

I was wondering what peoples experiences were with regarding itching.

I've never really had this much anxiety/something to stress over for several months so its all a bit new to me.

Normally itching wouldn't bother me, I've had various undiagnosed skin conditions in the past which only really affected my face (contact dermatitis they thought) so I would have just chalked it up to that. But I've spent 2 months convinced I've got bowel cancer and that its spread to my liver or my pancreas or gallbladder, something in that general area, which obviously makes it 20x worse as itching is a common symptom.

Does anyone experience it with anxiety? (I'm asking because it does seem to come up in google quite a bit - its nice to get some reassurance however) I feel generally more..sensitive to everything? like if I'm near a radiator I seem to notice it more or a small draft of wind through the window - I notice it when I normally wouldnt. It seems worse when I'm in bed, I tend to wake up with a sort of light...strange burning feeling in my feet with occasionally bits I need to itch. I don't need to itch them, they can pass in a few seconds or I can give them a quick rub and it generally disappears/moves on. This is happening basically all over my body, its never bad but it just seems that I'm more..aware of things? Obviously its worse If I'm sat here thinking about it, if I try and do something to distract me I tend to get the odd small itch every few minutes or nothing really at all which makes me think it probably is anxiety (surely if one of my organs was packing up it would be pretty persistent?)

I also seem to get a bit of an eye/headache which obviously makes me assume its spreading to my brain but that seems to only be when I'm at screen, I've just walked the dog for 30min and had no head pain

This anxiety is a bloody nightmare, I mean I hope it IS anxiety and not that I've got tumours everywhere, theres little I can do while waiting for my referral appointment for my bowel issues apart from read pretty much every single thing I can on google! none of its positive! :huh:

nomorepanic
31-03-18, 13:01
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239