PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

audsc
31-03-18, 18:11
Hi everyone,
My name is Auds and have just joined today. For the past month I have suffered from first hypervigilence, anxiety and more recently crippling panic attacks. The panic attacks are so bad that I cant even leave the house. I have a son who is 12 who is high functioning autistic. I,m at my wits end and dont know where to turn next, I just want to feel normal again x

venusbluejeans
31-03-18, 18:16
Hiya audsc and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
01-04-18, 13:18
Good Morning audsc

Sorry that this has happened to you. You have a lot on your plate as a parent, let alone the parent of a special needs child. I have suffered with Panic and Anxiety for 20 years. While my attacks are not as severe (maybe I'm just used to them). They still come every now and then.

I have a 27 year old son with Asperger syndrome, so I have an idea of what you are going through. The thing to remember is you can't take care of him without taking care of yourself also. Seek medical treatment remember when a panic attack hits, don't fight it, just let it happen it will pass. Breathe through it as calmly as you can.

Here at NMP there are lots of helps, suggestions, and testimonials to help you understand what's going on. As far as your son, you will discover your love for him will be an asset when it comes to overcoming your own situation. One of the greatest helps in getting back from the abyss was having to take care of my son. Best to you audsc on your journey, together you and your son will make it.