PDA

View Full Version : Could this likely be a panic attack?

Trbfan
31-03-18, 21:30
I only slept 3 hours last night, woke up with the very tight throat feeling I've been getting for awhile off and on, and sore neck, but I still felt good. I sat up against the wall for a few minutes and I got the shaky leg, tight stomach and sick feeling I've gotten lately, then I started feeling weak and anxious my legs felt weird. Went to the chinese food place still not feeling good, almost done eating and I tried breathing through my nose and felt like I couldnt breathe..I freaked out again, I got up to get something and felt like my legs were very shaky, I got started breathing hard, became very tense, freaking out. On the way home my parents wanted me to run into the gas station, the second I got in there my eyes started messing with me or getting like a "buzzing" feeling and I started feeling lightheaded for a couple seconds, then my face started feeling trembly. Been awhile now, I still feel very trembly, still breathing hard. When I got home and looked my computer it was like my eyes were hyperfocused, thought I saw like an "ants on an old tv screen" type of buzzing, kinda panicked again, still feels like they're oversensitive looking around my room, idk if its just the light coming in from outside messing with me or what.
i
Fast forward an hour from where I typed this, I was able to slow my breathing down, and get somewhat relaxed, but I do still feel nautious, still a bit trembly, and the slightest bit of uneasyness. have a bit of acid reflux too. It still feels like im very on edge too. Of course I asked on anxiety group on FB and a few people of course said theres no way its a panic attack and go to the ER, which freaked me out worse. I was with my parents talking to them the whole time they said it was anxiety too.

nomorepanic
31-03-18, 22:45
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Trbfan
01-04-18, 03:00
A little update, I've still feeling pretty bad but I guess thats normal after a panic attack of that magnitude. Just slightly shaky, got a nausea and tightness in my stomach, and I am still aware of my breathing. So it feels awkward almost like I need to keep taking a big breath, but at the same time im breathing totally fine. Been trying to relax, but I still just feel on the verge of panicky.