PDA

View Full Version : Foamy urine, like soap suds. Ugh!

Leslie735
31-03-18, 23:12
So last night I was getting ready for bed and went to use the rest room (sorry tmi everyone) and I got up and went to flush and it literally looked like someone poured a bunch of soap in the toilet. It was VERY soapy looking. I flushed and had to flush a 2nd time to get it to all go down. I figured my kids put soap in the toilet but when I asked them they promised they hadn't even been in my bathroom. So I did what anyone with HA does, google. :blush: Protein in urine came up and it is usually from kidney disease. :scared15: So I downed some water to make myself have to go again, it was normal. I've gone 6 time since that incident and its been completely normal, not even a single bubble. :shrug: Anyone know what caused this? This has NEVER happened to me before and completely alarmed me.

AMomentofClarity
31-03-18, 23:30
Has this replaced the lymph node + weight loss fear, or are they now in conjunction with each other?

You know the answer to this because it’s so obvious....kidney disease wouldn’t come and go 1/7 of the time.

At some point you should consider getting help for the health anxiety you acknowledge you have.

Leslie735
31-03-18, 23:33
No, it hasn't. That is still with me but I'm having a follow up ultrasound on that in May so I'm just hanging tight with that.

This just randomly happened. I wasn't searching for a problem here. I just happen to notice it. I'm not talking a little bubbling either, I'm talking full on soap suds in the toilet. It was alarming.

I am working on my anxiety and have been since October when I started taking steps to work on it by visiting my doctor. I have made quite a bit of progress but when stuff like this happens I can't help but be alarmed. I would think anyone would be witnessing something like that. I do plan to bring it to my doctors attention but its the weekend and I can't until Monday/Tuesday.

nomorepanic
31-03-18, 23:33
Doesn't sound sinister to me at all.

I have seen loads of posts like this and it has been nothing at all to worry about.

Leslie735
31-03-18, 23:36
Doesn't sound sinister to me at all.

I have seen loads of posts like this and it has been nothing at all to worry about.

Thank you, I did a quick search and saw some threads on the subject but they seemed to describe it as foamy or bubbly. This was like dish soap suds so it really scared me. Caught me majorly off guard. :scared15:

nomorepanic
31-03-18, 23:37
https://www.doityourself.com/forum/toilets-sinks-showers-dishwashers-tubs-garbage-disposals/250527-soap-bubbles-erupting-toilet.html

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/bubbles-coming-up-toilet-70045.html

Bigboyuk
31-03-18, 23:40
Hi Leslie Sorry going to be blunt here kids are kids right I would say they did put soap down the loo,your logical side of you thought this go with your logical side, do they know about your HA problems? And secondly Dr Google is much added stress to a already stressful situation, your urine is normal now. Go figure :) ATB

Leslie735
31-03-18, 23:41
https://www.doityourself.com/forum/toilets-sinks-showers-dishwashers-tubs-garbage-disposals/250527-soap-bubbles-erupting-toilet.html

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/bubbles-coming-up-toilet-70045.html

hmmmmm I was running my washing machine and dishwasher at the time this happened. But I also was running them today too and didn't notice this. Interesting, thanks for sharing!

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

Hi Leslie Sorry going to be blunt here kids are kid right I would say they did put soap down the loo,your logical side of you thought this go with your logical side, do they know about your HA problems? And secondly Dr Google is much added stress to a already stressful situation, your urine is normal now. Go figure :) ATB

That is what I was thinking, I even told them they wouldn't be int trouble at all if they told me (they are 10 and 9) and they both swore up and down they didn't. :shrug:

nomorepanic
31-03-18, 23:41
There you go then - a reason for it

Leslie735
31-03-18, 23:44
There you go then - a reason for it

I surely hope thats what it is! But I don't know. Its never done that before and I was running them both today and it didn't occur. But I'll run them again and see what happens.

nomorepanic
31-03-18, 23:55
See what happens when you wee again tomorrow - if there is nothing then it can't be coming from you.

jrcoleman
01-04-18, 02:26
All drain lines go to the same place. It wouldn't be uncommon for some suds to back wash into the toilet. Regardless though, you did a scientific experiment and went again and it was normal. Chalk it up to a mystery and move on.

Annaboodle
01-04-18, 10:06
Hi. If this was my kids then one of them has put soap down the toilet. One of my girls sat there the other day and swore blind that she hadn't stolen my other daughter's make-up, or put any make-up on, even though her face was brightly smeared with orange foundation at the time. Kids tell porky-pies, especially if maybe we seem a bit scary when we're asking them if they've done something because we're feeling anxious? I know that happens with me.

As another poster said kidney disease wouldn’t come and go. This is nothing, honestly.

Leslie735
02-04-18, 14:08
Update: it was caused by my dishwasher! I ran it again and wouldn't you know soap suds all in the toilet. Lol! Phew!

Bigboyuk
02-04-18, 15:34
Update: it was caused by my dishwasher! I ran it again and wouldn't you know soap suds all in the toilet. Lol! Phew! There's no Phew about it, told ya so now move on from it :) ATB

Dave_Lister
02-04-18, 17:47
So last night I was getting ready for bed and went to use the rest room (sorry tmi everyone) and I got up and went to flush and it literally looked like someone poured a bunch of soap in the toilet. It was VERY soapy looking. I flushed and had to flush a 2nd time to get it to all go down. I figured my kids put soap in the toilet but when I asked them they promised they hadn't even been in my bathroom. So I did what anyone with HA does, google. :blush: Protein in urine came up and it is usually from kidney disease. :scared15: So I downed some water to make myself have to go again, it was normal. I've gone 6 time since that incident and its been completely normal, not even a single bubble. :shrug: Anyone know what caused this? This has NEVER happened to me before and completely alarmed me.

I used to worry about this too, but I have learned that it could be from the cleaner that you use in the toilet, or just turbulence.

I still get foamy urine, but I know that my kidneys are fine from tests, and when I mentioned it to my doc he said it isn't indicative of a problem.

Pamplemousse
03-04-18, 01:25
Same as the post above: I first noticed it over ten years ago, and even having had urine tests to accompany my type II diabetes nothing has ever been said about it or indicated as a problem.

In fact, if you'll forgive me using profane language, I've frequently heard it referred to as "old man's piss"...