PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or something serious?

Worrywort4
31-03-18, 23:28
Hi, I am a 31 year old male that has been experiencing strange symptoms for a year or so now. It started at work where i nearly fainted ( got dizzy, weak, sweaty). I thought i was just low blood sugar so i had some sugar and was fine for the rest of the day. After that, i felt really weak (whole body), headaches, jittery, and now muscle twitching all of my body. The headaches have stopped now but I mostly have twitching in my calves and sporadic twitching everywhere in my body once in a while. My legs ache if I stand on them for a while. The odd thing is I'm 200 lbs, I can bench 225lbs 10x, leg press 400 lbs 10x, and do calf raises with 300lbs for 10x.

I would like to add that i have been diagnosed with anxiety for many years now but im not taking any medications for that. What brought me here is when i googled muscle twitching and weakness, i of course freaked out when i read ALS. Before the the twitching started I had gone through a severe bout of anxiety due to my first symptoms and my father being misdiagnosed with cancer. i have seen the neurologist about 5 times within the year, had MRIs, 2 emgs, eeg, blood work, and clinical exams. All were just fine. The emg saw fasiculations but that's it, no signs of als.

I would like to add that i recently lost a lot of weight (50-60lbs) due to a strict diet i was on.

My GP and neurologist believe this is all due to stress and anxiety. What do you guys think? After 12 months of twitching, if it were ALS wouldn't I have some severe weakness somewhere? Wouldn't the emg have found something other than twitching?

ankietyjoe
31-03-18, 23:39
You lost 50-60lbs over how long a period?

Also, what do you mean by 'nearly fainted'? Feeling dizzy isn't really nearly fainting, that's just feeling dizzy.

Muscle twitching and feeling weak (but not actually being weak as you can clearly shift weights) are common symptoms for hundreds of ailments, and particularly common amongst anxiety sufferers, which you are.

The first rule of anxiety club is never, ever google symptoms.

Almost any symptom you care to think of WILL end up with some kind of terminal disease if you look hard enough.

nomorepanic
31-03-18, 23:40
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Worrywort4
31-03-18, 23:49
You lost 50-60lbs over how long a period?

Also, what do you mean by 'nearly fainted'? Feeling dizzy isn't really nearly fainting, that's just feeling dizzy.

Muscle twitching and feeling weak (but not actually being weak as you can clearly shift weights) are common symptoms for hundreds of ailments, and particularly common amongst anxiety sufferers, which you are.

The first rule of anxiety club is never, ever google symptoms.

Almost any symptom you care to think of WILL end up with some kind of terminal disease if you look hard enough.

Hi ankietyjoe,

I lost the weight in about 6 or 7 months on a low carb type of diet. When I say I almost fainted, I suddenly got very weak, brain fog, and dizzy. I also have random aches throughout my body. I was also having visual issues that is hard to explain, but that has gone away along with the headaches. This whole situation is very strange. I'm very worried over this whole situation since I have been twitching for 12 months now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Worrywort4
03-04-18, 22:28
Has anyone experienced muscle twitching like this? It's been a year already.

mjh82
05-04-18, 17:26
Yes, I've had full muscle body twitching along with a load of other weird symptoms for approaching three years now. I've twitched in practically every part of my body (feet, legs, ass, groin, back, neck, shoulders, arms, fingers, face, etc.). In the midst of working with my pcp trying to find a psychiatrist who specializes in health anxiety hoping that will help alleviate my symptoms and conquering my ALS fear.