PDA

View Full Version : Im on the verge of a breakdown

SoScaredAlways
01-04-18, 09:29
I'm pregnant. I let my daughter play in someone's uncovered sandbox. She was only in there for like 10 minutes and I washed her hands after. I'm so scared she will get sick and then also that I'll get toxoplasmosis or something that will hurt the baby. Can someone please calm my fears?

EmmyDay
01-04-18, 10:16
The chances of any serious illness coming from a sandbox are pretty low, especially if you washed her hands after she played in it. Sandboxes are really common toys for kids and you very rarely hear of problems coming from them, this'll just be health anxiety getting the best of you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Matilda_H
01-04-18, 15:45
She was in the sandbox for 10 minutes and you cleaned her up after, the odds of anything coming of that are astronomically small.

Our sense of logic and rationality go out the window when we have a health anxiety flare up, you just have to remind yourself that these fears are unrealistic and cause you unnecessary suffering. It's easy said than done, I know.

nomorepanic
02-04-18, 00:26
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239