PDA

View Full Version : Agitation With GAD

Aquilega
01-04-18, 12:18
I am having a very bad time like so many others for the past 4 weeks,I am constantly agitated always looking for something to do,my poor dog has been out 4 times today already,I am constantly light headed,feel like laying in bed but never do as that's when I start thinking about how I feel and it makes it worse constant surges in my tummy all day but have always slept well at night,am I doing the right thing in keeping going out,can't seem to relax,thank you for your replies my friends:):

ps enjoy your day

Fishmanpa
01-04-18, 12:28
I'm not a sufferer but during a times of extreme stress, I find that's how it manifests itself in me. I totally recognize it too and fortunately, my doc gave me a script of "chill pills" that I can take as needed to take the edge off.

If getting out helps, then do it. Your dog isn't going to argue about it ;)

Positive thoughts

Aquilega
01-04-18, 12:38
I'm not a sufferer but during a times of extreme stress, I find that's how it manifests itself in me. I totally recognize it too and fortunately, my doc gave me a script of "chill pills" that I can take as needed to take the edge off.

If getting out helps, then do it. Your dog isn't going to argue about it ;)

Positive thoughts

Thanks my friend I have had this for 30 years and know it will pass but each time it returns ,I say to myself this is the worst its ever been and I know its not,there's no logic to it,yesterday had a good afternoon and evening,but in the mornings wallop along it comes again,thank you for your reply its very much appreciated my friend

pulisa
01-04-18, 13:47
Agitation is something I'm very familiar with and it is a horrible feeling. Not being able to sit still or concentrate is very distressing and sometimes exercise alone isn't enough and you do need medication to take the edge off as FMP says.

I think there comes a limit as to how active you should be because you very quickly become exhausted mentally and physically when dealing with agitation. If this continues I think you should think about getting an appointment with your GP?

I do hope things get better and more manageable very soon.

KK77
01-04-18, 14:08
This is generally how my anxiety manifests itself too, and I agree that physical activity can act to mask symptoms, and in some cases, make them worse. I find mental activity and mindfulness works best for me, although focusing can be very difficult sometimes.

I think meds can be very hit and miss - unless you take a very sedating one that knocks you out :wacko:

pulisa
01-04-18, 14:21
This is generally how my anxiety manifests itself too, and I agree that physical activity can act to mask symptoms, and in some cases, make them worse. I find mental activity and mindfulness works best for me, although focusing can be very difficult sometimes.

I think meds can be very hit and miss - unless you take a very sedating one that knocks you out :wacko:

I have never been able to tolerate SSRI/SNRIs-I really don't think they do much for people with agitation as a main symptom. Like you, KK, I do think mental activity can be helpful-I could do physical exercise all day and still be as wired as hell. I do have diazepam for when I desperately need some respite, even though the effect doesn't last long.

Aquilega
01-04-18, 14:58
Thank you my friends for all your replies,very much appreciated I have had medication in the past,and none of them made much difference,so I decided with the doctors permission to stop taking them ,so I guess I am on my own,and now at least I can;t blame the tablets when I feel rough as I used to,I do get small breaks from anxiety each year,it gets very frustrating when I know it can't hurt me as I am living proof of that,once again many thanks to all of you for your kind replies.:)