PDA

View Full Version : Melanoma Fear!

JayWright91
01-04-18, 18:01
Hi all,

I’ve been away from this site for a while as my HA regarding heart and colon cancer subsided.

I’m a Male, 26 in UK

However, 2 days ago I was just itching and felt a weird thing on nipple, I looked and it seemed my mole that has been there for as long as I remember looked raised, felt raised. Is raised. I googled instantly and have come to conclusion I have melanoma. It’s not itchy or irritated or anything. Just raised & I can’t remember if it’s been like this before. My wife has a similar one and she said it doesn’t look worrisome. I’m freaking out. Googling pictures to try and find one like mine. It’s still very small.

I’m going to give the GP a call tomorrow and try get in to see what they say. I’m freaking out!? Anyone have any similar experiences? Also can miles change without it being serious?

https://ibb.co/ehPqpn < here is a image. I put it into a app. Says unlikely. Still. Very worried

Matilda_H
01-04-18, 18:15
From what i've read, moles very rarely just become dangerous or worrisome. They tell you to look out for new moles rather than old moles.

If you're going to the GP then he/she should be able to put your mind at rest.

JayWright91
01-04-18, 18:37
Yeah I’ve read it too & supposedly only been 34 cases worldwide of it on a nipple. However this doesn’t stop me worrying :/ I don’t know what to do

Matilda_H
01-04-18, 19:00
Spend some time with your wife and talk about fun things, have a laugh, watch a movie maybe.

I find that nostalgia and laughter are a really good way of alleviating health anxiety. Give it a go. :)