PDA

View Full Version : Hi all here’s to offer my experiences and help

Detection1
01-04-18, 21:47
Good evening all; though I would join this forum to see if I can offer any help.

Quick summary (very quick) of my story: I’ve suffered from an anxiety disorder (behavioural condition) for about 30years (at least that’s as far back as I can remember) but I did not know what it was until probably about 10-15 years ago. Back then I did not know how to control it apart from avoiding certain situations and that it was I did. There were loads of things that would send me into a tizz and then I would have “waves” of anxiety attacks. I has the usual checks from the doctors, a barium meal check and of course they were negative. I also told no one (apart from my wife) until very and I’ve only opened up about it in the last few years. My typical symptoms included shaking, lots of toilet visits, hot sweats, not being able to eat, avoiding situations, time off work etc etc).

I don’t even remember when I realised what it was but I do remember how I have made myself almost (not completely) anxiety free.

Whilst there are some scenarios that can still bring on an attack, I have learnt lots of little methods of making them far less of an impact. These little things I’ve learnt do help but they took work and practise.

Forget drugs (you don’t need them), forget tapes (they don’t work), forget hypnotist (won’t help) but try diversion diversion diversion,

Sorry have to go but I’m happy to help if I can.

venusbluejeans
01-04-18, 22:01
Hiya Detection1 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: