PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, I'm Patricia and I'm happy to be here

PatriUCLA
02-04-18, 04:19
Hi all,
I'm Patricia and I'm in the US because I'm graduating in dentistry at UCLA University (Los Angeles, CA) but I'm from Kiev (Ukraine).
First thing first, please, forgive my english ... sometimes I do silly grammar mistakes.
As future dentist I will have to deal with patients panic and anxiety so I think I'm in the right place to learn more about people fears. At the same time, I really hope my posts will be helpful to somebody.
That's all ... see you around :)

venusbluejeans
02-04-18, 04:26
Hiya PatriUCLA and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bee
02-04-18, 10:24
Hi Patricia,

Nice to see another dentist on the site, I'm Swedish but live in the UK, soon to be back in Australia. Don't worry about your English and grammar the people I've been lucky enough to speak with really do not notice these things. You will get used to peoples anxiety in the chair its about how relaxed you make your patient feel and explaining to them what you are doing in more depth that has always worked for myself!!!

B

PatriUCLA
02-04-18, 20:41
... You will get used to peoples anxiety in the chair its about how relaxed you make your patient feel and explaining to them what you are doing in more depth that has always worked for myself!!!
B

Hi Bow,
Thank you very much for your kind advice, it is very precious for me.