PDA

View Full Version : hi-posted once already

KookyCrafter
14-07-07, 14:11
hiya I'm Ruth and I'm 21 and live in Bristol, I've had agoraphobia and panic attacks for several years and am finding it extremely difficult to overcome. I dropped out of College just before the end of my A levels and since then I have only really felt able to go out with other people. As my user name suggests (kooky crafter) I love crafting especially wierd and random stuff, I love to do craft swaps online and when I can get there I go to a art studio thing once a week. In Oct. l am starting an OU course in Social sciences, with a view to applying to uni again to study Anthropology and Media/cultural Studies, hopefully with a focus on the representation and behaviour of religions and in media I would also like to study more about print media.

I am trying to do some more stuff over the summer, tomorrow I am going to Ashton Court festival and feeling extremely anxious about it! Trying to focus on the fact there is a craft village this year, if I can just get over my anxiety I know I'll really enjoy it. If only I could stop seeing myself crying and screaming in a big crowd of people - all staring at me whenever I think of it!

Ruth
p.s I am also the proud new owner of a tablet pc and often use the handwriting recognition feature which doesn't always get it right , so sometimes a word might be wrong!

Pink Princess
14-07-07, 14:44
hey, hope to see you around xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
take kare
love minnie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

honeybee3939
14-07-07, 14:54
Hiya Ruth

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice. support and make new friends too.:)

Check out the Symptoms, How to Cope and First Step pages also that are sittuated at the left hand side of this page.

I hope you have a great time at the festival tommorrow, keep thinking positive hun and you will be fine.

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Piglet
14-07-07, 14:59
Welcome Ruth :yesyes:

We do have a crafting thread on the go as quite a few of us enjoy crafts.

I will try and search it out for you.

There you go!!
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15091

Piglet :flowers:

Blindbirdhouse
14-07-07, 16:34
Hey Ruth,
A big warm welcome :yesyes: I'm also new to this site and I suffer from Agoraphobia and Panic Attacks too:hugs:
Take care and I hope you enjoy the Festival tomorrow :shades:

manmoor
14-07-07, 17:28
Hi Ruth,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
14-07-07, 17:51
Hello Ruth :welcome:to you!

You sound very talented - and enthusiastic !!

Let us know how it goes at the Festival tomorrow - I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

trac67
14-07-07, 18:05
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Lindalou64
14-07-07, 21:26
hi ruth
welcome im sire you will meet and find lots of info here and know what ya gonna be fine at the festival its are minds tellin us neg things and if you do SO WHAT......LOL but you wont ..i wish ya the best.......Linda

nomorepanic
14-07-07, 22:41
Hi Ruth

Just wanted to welcome you aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

KookyCrafter
16-07-07, 01:53
Thanks guys for all your encouragement, I got all psyched up to go (got all my stuff ready the night before to reduce my anxiety) and then the stupid festival was cancelled! :(
Btw is there any way of getting e-mails when people reply to your posts?

Lindalou64
16-07-07, 02:19
hi kooky only if you want people to email you...it would be on your profile or you can have that blocked.......take care hope the fest comes back so you can go and have a great time...........linda x