PDA

View Full Version : anxiety attack after eating a large meal?

Ethansmom
03-04-18, 16:50
Last night was awful. I finished up eating a big meal (left overs from Easter). After looking back, I did also eat a lot of easter chocolate for dessert. I had been suffering from lack of sleep from the night before, so decided to make it an early night. I ate around 5:30 and laid down around 6:45 or so. I was reading a self help book regarding anxiety. The next thing I knew, my heart was beating really, really fast. I'm sure it was trying to digest a huge meal. It probably did not help that I was laying down. I felt so shaky. That sent me into a spiral. Next thing I knew I had a big thud in my heart. I had taken Klonopin just after eating. I always take one before bed. It really scared me. Does anyone get shaky and panicky after eating certain foods? All in all, I did get a full night's sleep but woke up feeling panicky as well. I am three weeks into taking a new medication and am hoping it's going to help, and that it's not making it worse.

Thanks for listening. :scared15:

nomorepanic
03-04-18, 17:28
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

ankietyjoe
03-04-18, 20:43
All that really happened is that your heart was beating hard because you had a big meal, this is very common. Mine usually goes from around 75 to 95 if I have a really big meal, and stays there for a few hours.

The shakiness is possibly because of the chocolate (again, common) and is almost certainly because your immediate panic response because you noticed an elevated heart rate.

It's literally nothing to worry about.