PDA

View Full Version : Constipation

RadioGaGa
03-04-18, 21:00
Hi guys

I’ve had IBS for as long as I can rmemebrr. For a few years it was diarrhoea, then suddenly TWO YEARS ago it seemed to switch to constipation.

I’d have periods of normal type four stools and then cycles of constipation. Thin soft stools - NOT hard pebbles.

But this weekend, I felt constipated from Thursday (having been fine all weeks) tried Bisacodyl and it didn’t reallt work. Since tried Movicol to good effect.

Could I have had bowel cancer for 2 years? Constipation is the only symptom (eg no cramps) my doctor just dismissed it and said I’m too young (24)

Thanks...

nomorepanic
03-04-18, 21:14
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

anom
04-04-18, 13:30
I would imagine if you ever go back to having even 1 single normal sized bowel movement..I doubt its any sort of tumour based obstruction. I imagine its not going to just tuck itself out the way while a stool passes.

I'm struggling a lot with constipation at the moment (despite going daily - they are not great and quite often hard pellets) but then I seem to have a normal sized one..which kinda reassures me its not an obstruction, to get something out normal size would cause a good amount of pain to get by..which it isnt.