PDA

View Full Version : What works best for you? Instant and extended release.

RHUBARB57
04-04-18, 04:31
So, I was prescribed 37.5mg of instant release venlafaxine and did a straight swap from citalopram. (Citalopram worked for anxiety but not depression) Within a couple of days I felt much more motivated bit after a couple of weeks my anxiety crept back and I upped to 2 x 37.5mg again I felt the motivation within a couple of days. I was then put onto 75mg extended release and then up to the 150mg that had been planned. After forgetting a dose one night I decided to take a 37.5 IR and a 75mg ER together to get it in my system properly and another 37.5 IR in the evening, that day I felt great, motivation was back again etc. I spoke to my GP and he basically said that yes that combination obviously helped me but unfortunately the med isn't licenced to be used that way so he can't prescribe it that way. So I've now been on 150mg ER for 5 weeks, motivation has gone (anxiety is 75% better) I'm waking up in the night for 2 hours again too. I'm now wondering, am I due an increase to 225mg? Or do I try my same dose but on the IR? Just wanted opinions/experience. The GP says it's up to me basically, have a think and get back to him!