PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over my daughter...again!!

Mrschurchill
04-04-18, 11:11
Hi all.

It's actually been a while since I posted in here last!

Lots has happened (good and bad) and HA has taken a back seat for a few months!

Until now... :(

2 days ago, my daughter said she had 'eye bogeys' when she woke up in her right eye. I couldn't see anything but her eyelid looked heavier than her other eye.

Same again this morning, she came through as said she had an eye bogey in said eye but it looked clear.

The eyelid however is still drooping.

My HA automatically goes to BT and I'm feeling sick!

My husband said 'We will monitor it but it's probably nothing to worry about' :scared15: That absolutely didn't help me!

Am I just being a stupid overly cautious mother or should I take her to the doctor?

unsure_about_this
04-04-18, 11:16
Mum knows best if it helps you take her to the doctors, there is nothing wrong with being concerned.

Mrschurchill
04-04-18, 11:23
Feel like it's a double edged sword!

ServerError
04-04-18, 11:24
She could have a minor infection which has caused a bit of swelling. It won't be anything worse than that.

Obviously I can't see her and it's your call as her mum, but just be aware of the risk of creating a pattern of overreacting to little things and passing that on to her.

Mrschurchill
04-04-18, 11:27
It's very very slight, and I probably look at her more thoroghly than anyone else. I've been looking at photos on my phone and you can't see anything.

I know I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 50 but jeeeez I hate worrying about her! She's only 5, she shouldn't need a crazy mamma!

Annaboodle
04-04-18, 12:26
Could you get a pharmacist to take a look if there's one close by? They'll tell you straight away if it's something worthy of a trip to the GP. I woke up the other week looking like an extra from The Walking Dead with bright red bloodshot eyes and puffy lids. Was a bit of conjunctivitis in my case. I don't think your daughter would get the "eye booger" feeling from anything other than a minor eye infection. It's a v. specific feeling when your eye is irritated from something. The eye droop thing you're worried about you wouldn't feel anything - if that makes any sort of sense.

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

... my step daughter gets a droopy eyelid when it's puffs up a little from allergies by the way. A v. minor thing she occasionally gets and takes antihistamine for

Mrschurchill
04-04-18, 12:37
Yeah I could pop into the pharmacy and ask them.

I explained my worries to my husband he said he wasn't worried one bit as there's absolutely nothing else wrong with her.