PDA

View Full Version : symptoms from jaw clenching

grimboddy
04-04-18, 19:16
does anybody else clench their jaw and grind their teeth like CRAZY during the day from stress? towards the end of a rough patch i find myself clenching my jaw almost constantly and it makes me feel almost worse than the anxiety itself does. it gives me a killer headache and it makes my face and ear hurt on the side that's carrying most off the force. i don't currently have access to a dentist to get a mouth guard or anything but i'm hoping to soon. i try to stop when i catch myself, but i pretty much start again as soon as i stop lol. in the meantime, does anybody have any tips on how to lessen the strain or even stop doing it in general?

MyNameIsTerry
05-04-18, 02:25
I had Bruxism when I started a new med which continued for a good 6+ months. My dentist picked it up from signs of grinding on my back teeth at a routine appointment near to the start of that period. I didn't realise I was doing it as it was night grinding but all the symptoms were right.

He told me to eat softer foods for a time and to perform an exercise before bedtime. This exercise did help. It's in this thread:

www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=166483