PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy and feeling sick

kittykat
14-07-07, 18:18
Hi All,

To cut a long story short i have been doing quite well, but as ive been cutting down on my meds i feel the anxiety creeping back in.
I'm feeling really sqeamish and extremely dizzy at the moment actually for the past 2 days, decided to nhs 24 it and it said to get help immediately ( dizziness in adults).......well as you can guess tht sent me off on one.
My mum had a stroke so that thought is in the back of my mind, im getting scared something terrible is going to happen , what should i do or am i just being really stupid................ :confused:

Lissy43
14-07-07, 18:38
The dizziness could be an anxiety symptom or symptom of withdrawing from your meds, I know I felt awful and very dizzy when I was coming off mine. Best thing I ever did but the withdrawal is really horrible so poor you.

Dizziness in adults, right if you were falling over and couldn't focus then fair enough panic but do not panic if you feel abit giddy. I am feeling EXACTLY the same the last 2 days, very very giddy and tired in my eyes, I feel sometimes like im abit off balance but im not letting it get to me now, ive worried for 2 days and made it worse.

If you are falling over dizzy and feeling VERY sick then call your out of hours GP but id say its anxiety. Do not google or NHS anything, you could type in sore finger and it would say see a dr immediately for one reason or another.

You are not going to have a stroke. When I am anxious I take some rescue remedy, sit down and put my favourite tv programme on and get my hubby to sit with me and we just chat about things and I soon notice the symptom im worrying about eases so I know its anxiety.

I am sure you are ok.