PDA

View Full Version : Can this possibly be a stress headache.. gone on for nearly a week now?!

TimetoTurn
04-04-18, 20:50
Sorry to post about this on these forums again but this has been troubling me every day now for almost a week. Came to visit my in law's a week last Tuesday with our child, and two days in my head started feeling mildly strained at the back, I thought it was because I was reading a fairly small print thing -then I got a 'normal' sort of headache, but after that the strain sensation/like a pushing or pressure that gets so intense it becomes a 'pain' carried on and got worse. It went away after a night's sleep but came on again the next day, gradually after about an hour of waking, and the same has happened each day.

At best it is a background strain and a sensation of heat/cold or general weirdness and slight pains here and there, at worst it's really intense squeezing mostly over the back of my head and both sides of head around the ears. It can be so bad at night that it stops me getting off to sleep (particularly bad when laying on sides of head for some reason).
Unsurprisingly been getting some other anxiety symptoms like odd heart skips and feeling butterflies a lot since this happened.
At first I thought stress as its been a very busy/stressful time before we came away but it's just carried on and on and I don't normally suffer with headaches. Paracetamol doesn't do much but will make a doc app when home.

Sorry for all the writing, I just wondered if anyone can relate to this -can it possibly just be stress as it doesn't go away even though I'm having a more chilled time and being looked after here? (mum in law is great!)

Many thanks in advance :)

Moonlitt
05-04-18, 01:04
i wish i could help you but i really have no clue why this is. however i also had a period of time where i had a headache every day for about 2 weeks. i was worrying so much about it and i thought it was something serious but it turned out that it was my glasses. they were too strong for my eyes, and since i got them changed i haven't had that type of headache. in not saying it's because of your glasses because i don't even know if you wear glasses but it could be something very easy to change. maybe get more sleep or drink more water. sorry i can't help anymore but i hope that the headaches stop soon because it's honestly such a horrible feeling.

anom
05-04-18, 13:05
I've had a light sort of of headache for nearly 2 weeks now

I find it very hard to believe its related to my actual ongoing issues..but more likely that I'm being in a constant state of panic for 10 weeks and I think reading every single thing I can find on the internet is giving me some sort of eye strain as its marginally better when I'm watching something/not reading.

Anxiety seems to do alsorts of weird stuff? I've had a right list in the last 2 months! including the heart skipping things.

TimetoTurn
06-04-18, 20:24
Just wanted to say thanks for your replies. I went to the Dr today and he checked behind eyes and BP etc -he said he wasn't sure what it was but didn't think anything sinister -he thought it could be possibly neck related, and I actually read that neck problems can give referred head pain without actually feeling any neck pain.
So that's interesting.. here's hoping and praying it goes away soon!

Fishmanpa
06-04-18, 20:34
When my wife was in the hospital, I had a stress headache for nearly the entire two months!

Positive thoughts