PDA

View Full Version : READ ME!!!!!

optera
15-12-04, 20:28
hello all i am a thirty year old male who lives in detroit michigan i have found something that may help some people with there panic attacks i have had severe panick attacks for 10 or so years i got the midwest center for anxiety program and while it was helpfull in leting me know what my panic attacks really were "just thoughts" it didnt help me completely cause i still had the thoughts it was helpfull to know that all the panic attacks were was my body protecting it self from a preceived threat that was not realy there but as i was searching the net for things i came accross a tangable, focusable, reason for my panic attacks you see our eyes pick up our suroundings and sends to the brain and one of the first places of the brain it reaches is the AMYGDALA the part of your brain responsible for assesing what your eyes see and then telling the rest of the brain and body to either relax, be happy , be sad , panic and so on what sites i visited sugested was SELF-AMYGDALA STIMULATION threw mental imagery you for me my panic attacks always took place in cars so what happens you get into the car or whatever your limitation is and out of habbit i believe the amygdala percieves a what should be normal activity as a threat then makes the brain and boddy do the proper things to prepare for it this has helped me alot and realy hope it helps someone too now ill give two web sights to chck out i have iahve not baught any of these programs just the knoledge they gave me worked woders for me one of them is not realy an anxiety sight it and some of the things suggested on it im still scepticle but the are a few things i found helpfull and did make me feel allot better after doing it wel here they are i hope they are of some help www.linden-method.com and www.viewzone.com/amygdala/

seh1980
15-12-04, 21:48
Thanks for that - I will definetly check it out!! :D

Karen
15-12-04, 22:11
Hi Optera

Welcome to the site. I'm glad you have found something which has helped you so much.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

vernon
16-12-04, 00:07
thanks, and welcome to the site. i have bookmarked the sites and thank you. Vernon