PDA

View Full Version : Back to square one

SassyEdwards
06-04-18, 08:02
My health anxiety is way out of control again. I've recently thrown 6 months of sobriety out the window (alcoholic for 6 years) I suffer from rhuemetoid arthritis and I have constant flare ups. I started drinking again to ease the pain. Now my mind is in constant panic because I've started drinking again and I worry my health is deteriorating. I've let everyone down. I was doing amazing. 6 months i made it and now I'm back to square one. With panic and obsessive worry. I've let myself down.

Emc
06-04-18, 09:15
You’re not back to square one. 6 months sober means you CAN do it. You’ve done it before & you can do it again. I think you need some support. Have you stopped drinking again? Is that why you’re feeling anxious?

swajj
06-04-18, 11:49
I agree with the above, you are not back to square one. Square one was where you hadn’t acknowledged that you had a drinking problem. It’s like any addiction and until you acknowledge that there is a problem you aren’t even on the road to recovery. You’ve done that so no you aren’t back to square one.