PDA

View Full Version : Travel anxiety - need quick advice

GeraltRiva
06-04-18, 10:32
Hey guys :)

It's been a while since I posted a topic, but I came back to ask for an advice.
I'm facing a problem right, of which I'm not sure if I can handle it. I'm suffering from GAD and depression with agoraphobia, which means I'm terrified by the idea to leave my home for more than a day. My problem is now that I booked a trip of two days with my SO for monday and I'm freaking out about it. I'm constantly worrying about it for several days, and I'm so afraid, that I will be miserable. :weep:
I already got some benzos from my doc, but this isn't really reassuring me.
I'm even thinking about canceling it.:wacko:

Has someone here similar experiences and can give me some advice? I really don't know what to do...

Greetings

Deep Blue
06-04-18, 13:59
I understand how you feel. Don't be scared to take your benzos, they'll give you some help. My coping trick is trying to break it down in to small steps. Just concentrate on the immediate part of the trip. Get up. Set off. Get there. Check into room. Yay for each bit ticked off. Just one step at a time. I'm just back from 127 day trip. Hated it, scared, but did it!
You may be surprised at how well you manage. You might start to learn ways of your own to cope. I try to control my breathing. (4 in hold for 4 out for 8, but the numbers don't matter, just what you can do). I repeat a phrase, anything that helps, 'I am safe relax I am safe', picture a place where you feel safe etc.
No one knows you are doing it. Be gentle with yourself.
Maybe you could have a 'help me' word with your SO. If you say it, SO helps you out of the situation you're in.
Well, I hope some of this helps. Good luck.

GeraltRiva
11-04-18, 02:24
Hey people,

I don't know how many read this or are still interested in my case, but I would like to inform you that everything went well :)
I had no panic attacks or depression, just some feelings of anxiety every now and then, which was okay. I didn't even had to take my benzos.

I'm pretty amazed how much I worried about it and how well it played out in the end.
I want to take this as an encouragement for all the other anxiety sufferers, the face their worries, if I made it you can make it to! :D

greetings