PDA

View Full Version : Worry about every symptom under the sun!

Melon1
06-04-18, 11:56
Hi All. Not posted on here for a long while but HA is starting to rear it’s ugly head. Does anyone here get a symptom, could be anything and immediately think they have cancer?

I do and have been like this for 10 years. I currently feel as if I have lung cancer. I would be so grateful if people could share their experiences. Hoping this is just HA and nothing more serious. Perhaps just a cough and muscle strain?! Oh god here we go again! 🙈. Xx

swajj
06-04-18, 12:00
lol to answer your question “most of the board”.

Melon1
06-04-18, 12:05
HA, yea I know of course, but just wondering if it’s cancer specific? Mine always seems related to cancer. Just horrible x

roseanxiety
11-04-18, 02:21
Me! EVERY. SINGLE. SYMPTOM. My mind goes immediately to cancer . No matter how small. It’s very scary to me . I catastrophize even the common cold and somehow think it could be cancer . It’s exhausting .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swajj
11-04-18, 11:20
I think my HA was “cancer specific” for a long while. I told my psychiatrist that I thought I had some deep rooted fear of cancer. He didn’t care. lol

unsure_about_this
11-04-18, 13:59
All the time, in fact every symptom to me is more likely cancer, even nothing bad has been found.

orthagonal
11-04-18, 18:27
I'm to the point where I the first thing I think when I discover a new "symptom" is "Great, this is what I'm going to be obsessing about this for the next week" rather than "Oh no it's <whatever>".

cattia
11-04-18, 22:52
Yes, cancer is my main go to as well. I also fear chronic pain conditions like fibromyalgia, ME and at the moment interstitial cystitis. For a while I feared ASL and MS but now I don't any more. My cancer fear is so bad that if I saw a sign in a shop saying 'candles' I'd think it said 'cancer'. That's how much it's on my mind all the time!

Melon1
12-04-18, 16:52
Yes, if I hear or read anything about cancer it immediately freaks me out! Two family members suffering at the moment, so reawakened my fears.

I have the rational side of me saying just muscular, then the anxiety saying ‘what if it’s real this time and you ignore it?!’

I’ve been on and off for 10 years. That’s a long time to be worrying. This time for me it’s lung cancer. I had an X-ray which showed up possible copd. This sent me into panic mode. I’m only 44. I had spirometer done and my normal breath was fine, but improved with inhalers. Still not been back to docs yet to get confirmation.

Symptoms disappeared for a month and a half, now back.

Do you think this could be cancer if symptoms went and came back? Doubting the X-ray results. Did they get it wrong?

I’m a sporty person. Exercise daily, eat pretty healthy. Smoked from age of 16-30.

Again, feel like I need reassurance. Keep feeling pain and cramps in breast area and around the back. Also breathless, but mainly when I think about it. Fine when exercising.

Doing my head in now! Lots of love to you all feeling how I feel right now.

Going away with friends for the weekend tomorrow. Just hope I can relax and enjoy.

Happy Thursday. X

swajj
13-04-18, 11:42
You gave up smoking 14 years ago. You wouldn’t just start showing signs of COPD now. Regarding lung cancer, trust the X-ray, you don’t have it.