PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like it wont get better

Danielle1995
06-04-18, 14:23
Hello,

I have had a good morning today with my anxiety but the afternoons always hit me like a ton of bricks I feel like my life is at a halt and I hate it does anyone else feel like this ?

welsh girl
06-04-18, 19:50
I thought I was the only one with HA and could not see any future in my life, I even made sure all bills were paid, will made up to date, bed tidy and clothes neatly stacked at night,JUST IN CASE.
Then I joined nomorepain and realized I was not alone and when I am feeling anxious or worried I read other peoples problems and identify with them i am happier and less stressed
Do take comfort, We can all relate to your suffering,

fishman65
06-04-18, 23:58
Oh for sure Danielle. It can be very disappointing when we feel ok but then suddenly anxiety rears its head and we seem to be back where we started. However there is always hope to counter the bad days, take heart and know you are not alone in this :hugs:

Danielle1995
07-04-18, 08:22
Thank you everyone your comments really help I have woken up with a positive attitude so hopefully today is a good day

ana
07-04-18, 13:45
I feel the same, Danielle. This morning before going out, I was convinced it was going to be a good day and that I'd be able to go to a shop I really want to go to, do more walking and feel calm,but my anxiety had other plans. As I arrived at the place where I was meeting my friend, I started panicking to the point of having to take a Klonopin just to cope. I went home feeling guilty, frustrated and deflated. :(
Tomorrow is another day, I suppose.

Danielle1995
07-04-18, 18:17
I have this all the time ! I find that if I have a really good day then tomorrow I have a bad day I feel like I have let myself down to the point I don’t want to tell any of my family because they all say I’m doing so well that I don’t want to let them down today was really good but now it’s the evening I feel like I have more anxiety its strange how our minds make us feel like this, tomorrow is another day and I hope you have a better day than today

ana
07-04-18, 19:01
Thanks. :) I hope the same for you. I'm glad somebody understands what it's like to feel let down by yourself and to feel like you've let other people down. :( I just wish I could have a number of good days, or even weeks, in a row just so I can do the things I want to do... without having that looming feeling of doom over my head and the horrible anxiety brewing inside.

Danielle1995
07-04-18, 19:05
I know exactly how you feel I always feel like I can’t look to the future because I’m scared something bad will happen and makes me feel like I can’t get excited about anything if you need any one to talk to that’s going through the same thing just drop me a message

fishman65
07-04-18, 20:18
You're both very brave in the face of this horrendous condition. Try not to beat yourselves up, there is nobody you are letting down. Now if I can just tell myself the same :unsure:

Danielle1995
07-04-18, 20:35
Thank you so much I’m feeling a little better tonight I’m just so glad I have this group now it’s so nice to see other people supporting each other so much

ana
08-04-18, 14:19
Thank you, Fishman. I really hope you're feeling well, too, and are not too stressed out with what's been happening recently.

Danielle, I'm so glad for this site, too. It has helped me so much. :) I was fearful leaving the house today, but I went out anyway and had a nice, relaxing time. I'm planning on going to that shop I wanted to go to the other day to buy myself something nice to wear for my mum's birthday next Sunday. I'm going to try walking to work, too. Cross your fingers for me! lol

Danielle1995
08-04-18, 16:09
aww that’s so good that’s really good progress my sister made me go to her church today and even though I’m not really religious I actually had a good time and a lot of what they said helped me it’s the first day I haven’t had intrusive thoughts which is great and I’m even exercising tonight which I haven’t felt like doing in months !

ana
08-04-18, 19:11
Aw sounds like we both had a good day, Danielle! Well done! :D
Exercise helps me lots. I work out at least 5 times a day and it really helps channel my energy into something constructive and positive. I'm so pleased you had a good day. :)

ana
09-04-18, 11:54
I tried going to the shop I wanted to go to before work today,but I just felt paralysed by fear,disconnected from reality and from myself. I'm a disappointment. I'm typing this from an Uber,feeling deflated and defeated. I want to do so many things,but I have so much resistance to it. This condition is truly terrible. :(

Danielle1995
09-04-18, 12:33
That’s the hardest part about anxiety it makes us feel like we can’t live our life’s the way we want to and stops us doing things we enjoy don’t punish yourself about it thought think of the positives which is you tried to go to the shop so you actually went to do it and then just keep trying and eventually it will become easier

fishman65
09-04-18, 17:12
Ana, no way are you a disappointment. You show courage every time you walk out of your home every day. You hold down a job, as a teacher no less. That's enough to fill my head with nightmares. Not making it to that shop today is a temporary setback :hugs:

ana
09-04-18, 20:50
Thank you, fishman. :)

I actually did well in the end!!! I did make it to the shop, during my break at work. I decided I was too miserable not to do anything about it. The feeling of letting yourself down is worse than any panic attack, I thought, so I just went to the shop, bought myself some things, had something to eat and went back to work. Also, after work, I had a little walk and hot chocolate in a cafe in town. :yahoo:

Croydonbee
11-04-18, 08:04
I also suffer like this. I've had a good few days and been quite lively and anxiety-free.
But I also know that it won't take much to go back to square one. It's horrid. But good days will always follow bad days. Makes it hard to plan anything, though! I'm with you all the way, Danielle. We're all in this together.

Danielle1995
11-04-18, 13:39
Definitely I have had quite a few days where I am feeling good now to the point that I have even started planning my wedding again I know it takes time and I may have some bad days but they will be followed with the good like you say