PDA

View Full Version : Gastritis Fears

THoltz
06-04-18, 15:19
Hello Everyone,

For about 10 days, I have had morning nausea followed by some hearburn in the morning. The symptoms subsided in the afternoon.

This morning I woke up feeling fine. I had some trapped gas but almost no nausea.
My stool is a brown color (Sorry about TMI).
I do get hunger pangs if I do not eat for like an hour or so. I also get some heartburn/acid reflux after eating too.

Could this be gastritis? I do not have any sharp pain nor any blood in stool.

I have been stressed lately as I finish my masters degree in two weeks and I went through some bank fraud issues.

I wonder if the stress could be aggravating it?
Any help would be appreciated.

Bittersweet05
07-04-18, 14:13
Honestly sounds like anxiety. Since i have for 5 years ir has worked that way for me a month ago we had a nor eastern snown storm with snow and high winds. I had my stomach so upset i still having issues. We had no power for a week. Then my health anxiety caused all kinds of problems. Thought was female problem but dr said no. Was all ibs due due to stress. Hang in there. Im no dr but sounds like stress and anxiety.

THoltz
08-04-18, 18:49
I am actually concerned about ulcers too

My symptoms have subsided majorly the past few days. Today I felt great. Woke up with no nausea. Had the hunger pangs still. I read that this is a symptom of ulcers.

I getting better everyday compared to last week. My appetite and weight are normal. In fact I had lunch and had little if any reflux. just don’t want to have any ulcers.

Could the hunger pangs just be acid?

THoltz
09-04-18, 12:26
Anyone have any insight? Today I woke up in the middle of the night with hunger pains. This only increased my ulcer pains.

THoltz
10-04-18, 14:49
So an update: Today I woke up feeling fine with no nausea and the hunger pangs were not as bad. Sunday night: My hunger pangs were bad and woke me up at night.
Today not so much.
I feel fine now although I have very small hunger pangs.
I am starting if this is IBS and GERD at the same time. Today it seems that I have had like a dull pain in my ribs which is relived when I have bowel movement. My stool is normal brown color. So no blood or black color (Sorry about TMI).

Still no abdominal pain save those hunger pangs.
I am starting to think this may not be an ulcer but rather stress induced IBS and/or GERD? I am not a smoker nor do I take NSAIDS except every now and then.
I am considering going to the doctor to rule these though.

What does everyone think?

vicky23
10-04-18, 15:44
I would go to a Dr just to get it checked out but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about and like bittersweet says anxiety can cause all sorts of problems. I think if you go to a Dr he might be able to reassure you and then hopefully your symptoms will subside when you're less worried about them

THoltz
11-04-18, 00:13
So I went to doctor today and he diagnosed me with gastritis. He said it was stress induced. He gave me some omeprazole (Prilosec) to take for a month and then come back in a month.

Bittersweet05
11-04-18, 18:39
I hope it put your mind at ease a bit. Anxiety and stress just is nasty. Hang in there. You have to get you mind at a better place. And like me..we have to stop dwelling on the body issues. Amazing how our brain controls our bodies. Take care.

THoltz
16-04-18, 20:23
So the Prilosec OTC medicines are starting to work
I still feel some hunger pains. I also feel nausea too but this only occasional. I think it is a side effect of the medicine.

I know PPI medicines can take about 1-2 weeks to fully kick in
Does anyone know how long it takes for gastritis to heal?

It seems I am getting to that point but I still do not feel 100%.
More like 85-90%

THoltz
17-04-18, 13:28
Hello everyone,
So my treatment for gastritis is going well. I noticed that symptoms are gradually subsiding. One thing I noticed this morning was a small amount of blood in stool. Otherwise it was a darkish brown color.
This has me concerned. I know that this is a symptom of gastritis too but at the same time I am thinking ulcer. This has me puzzled as I am starting to feel better yet this symptoms concerns me. I an having no abdominal pain or any other ulcer symptoms.

THoltz
17-04-18, 18:05
So I am thinking this maybe hemmoroids or a fissure. I had a bowel movement earlier and the stool was greenish color with red specks on some but not all of the stools (sorry about TMI). I noticed that the first time I noticed the red specks. I had some coffee which really made go to the restroom.
Other than this, I feel the Prilosec is working to resolve my gastritis symptoms. I actually feel the best I have in the three weeks since these stomach problems.
I will go to doctor if symptoms persist.