PDA

View Full Version : Wrinkled Fingertips

Ghostly
06-04-18, 16:22
I noticed a few days ago that my fingertips are more or less wrinkled all the time, not just when they've been in water. Sometimes they are only very slightly wrinkled. Indeed, hardly noticeable, but when looking at my fingers from a shallow angle, I can see faint vertical lines on my fingertips.

I don't have any other symptoms whatsoever. They are not peeling. They're the same colour as the rest of my hand. No tingling. No numbness. My toes are not wrinkled. The rest of my hands are fine.

I do wash my hands a lot, and especially recently as I've had ringworm. So I rub my fingertips a lot with soap. I thought that this excessive washing of hands seemed a likely suspect. However, I foolishly googled, and no mention of this washing hands causing permanent wrinkly fingers is mentioned. What is mentioned is that it could be a serious health problem such as diabetes, lupus, liver problems etc. This has freaked me out!

What do people think? Anyone else have this permanent wrinkled fingertips?

Fishmanpa
06-04-18, 16:50
Dry hands, cold hands, age etc. Hand cream ;)

Positive thoughts

melfish
06-04-18, 17:32
Dehydration

Ghostly
06-04-18, 17:46
So excessive washing of hands couldn't lead them to being wrinkled all the time?

Is it best to see a doctor? Or should I just forget about it if no other symptoms turn up?

Fishmanpa
06-04-18, 18:20
Is it best to see a doctor? Or should I just forget about it if no other symptoms turn up?

Respectfully, this is a non-issue and I definitely wouldn't see a doctor about this. As stated, hydrate, use a hand cream and if you're obsessively washing your hands, cut back a bit.

Positive thoughts