PDA

View Full Version : fed up of headaches

Emilychazza98
06-04-18, 18:47
i keep having weird headaches on the right side of my head which causes my face to feel weird and sometimes my left hand. i also feel really sick, off balance and just unwell. i went to the doctors on wednesday and explained my symptoms, i also get flashing white dots in my vision, especially on white walls, he looked at my eyes and said they are fine. However he said if this carries on to come back in a week for blood tests.

what would he be thinking of?
if i had a brain tumour, would my eyes be fine?

i keep getting numb feelings in he side of my right hand aswell and i feel like i skip words and cant see properly. i feel like all o f my symptoms go hand in hand with a brain tumour.

lmcc87
06-04-18, 20:09
Sounds like classic anxiety. I'm getting all of these feelings. A few weeks ago my whole left side of my face went numb and it was all down to anxiety. Also can I ask do you take any benzo's? As I was taking them and when I came off them a major side effect was the white and yellow dots in my vision, sometimes they were floaty.

jrcoleman
06-04-18, 20:19
Actually it sounds like classic Migraine with Aura. Flashing is a classic symptom of a migraine. I get zig zag flashes just before my migraines. Migraines can be very debilitating and cause the symptoms you are describing. He probably want to wait to see if it turns into migraines or is just a one off migraine caused by something else (allergies maybe?).

Phuzella
06-04-18, 21:21
Yes sounds like migraine with aura
And I don't understand why the doctor didn't mention that

Emilychazza98
07-04-18, 11:39
I feel like I can't do anything because I feel so unbalanced and my head really hurts. Woke up with it again this morning and I feel really sick. However my glands in my neck really hurt too and my nose is abit stuffy. Just can't haven a day without feeling shit.

I've got a uni assignment to hand in for tomorrow that I haven't even started 😐 I just can't concentrate in anything

Simone01
07-04-18, 12:45
I feel exactly the same as you Emily I’ve had vision problems for two years and this last week twitching muscles headache feeling sick and snotty nose and glands up too. I was told by the doctor it’s viral and your skin and face and muscles can do that due to temperature going up and down. I’ve got an MRI scan on the 25th as I’ve been worrying about brain tumours for he last two years now!

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Also got pains in stomach and paints in joints, pain in neck due to gland up ear and sore throat. So I’m trying to stay positive!

Emilychazza98
08-04-18, 21:51
It's the feeling sick that has worried me the most. I can deal with headaches but these ones make me feel so out of it and grumpy. I feel so I'll. Now starting to worry about other cancers of the blood and things. Lifts make me so uneasy now when I get out of them aswell which has never happened before. And when I park my car I feel movement still

Simone01
08-04-18, 22:26
Honestly I am exactly the same the car still feels like it’s moving at times for me. Like I’ve forgotten to put on the handbrake. I’ve had blood tests including inflammation tests and nothing so that has been ruled out with me. I’m just waiting on my neurologist appointment on 25th. I saw a neurologist and he went through a physical neurologist examination and nothing flagged anything up to him so I have no idea but it’s causing me so much anxiety. If you wanna chat just message me Hun. You’re not alone. I went to doctors and they said I have a virus and there are a lot of nasty things going round so it could quite possibly be that!

doglover1967
09-04-18, 03:34
Yes, sounds exactly like migraines. I get the zigzag patterns that make me nearly blind, but my nephew gets the same spots as you. He also pukes, which I rarely do. I just feel sick and completely not right. And for both of us they come in clusters, several a week for months. Once whatever was stressing us is gone (and I don’t usually realize I’m even stressed!) they stop.

I also get the numbness in my face and hands. That’s caused by anxiety due to the weirdness of the migraine causing me to hyperventilate, which I don’t realize I’m doing until it’s full blown. :wacko:

Emilychazza98
09-04-18, 20:09
it makes me wonder why he would want to arrange blood tests? what would he be looking for. he told me some glands are swollen which im sure they arent as i do have one that has been big for a couple of years.

im doing slimming world at the moment and all last week i was off plan, ate chocolate, takeaways and drank alcohol and i stil managed to lose weight. now starting to worry its some cancer taking over as i have pains everywhere and my headaches dont get any better.

Simone01
09-04-18, 20:14
Honestly Hun I totally understand how you feel I’ve vern the same since December. I’m worried about losing my job I’ve had that much time off! I had blood tests done too as had some glands up at the same time but they all came back fine yet I’m still not right!

I’m a mess with anxiety at the moment so you’re not alone!

Phuzella
09-04-18, 21:04
I take it you don't agree with the fact it could be migraines then?

doglover1967
11-04-18, 03:21
all last week i was off plan, ate chocolate, takeaways and drank alcohol and i stil managed to lose weight. now starting to worry its some cancer taking over as i have pains everywhere and my headaches dont get any better.

All migraine triggers for me. Add in something with MSG and I’m miserable for days.

I’m a cancer survivor and it generally doesn’t give you pains everywhere.

As to why he wants labs? It’s the first go to for any ailment. It can show if you’re low in Vit D or B, anemic, etc which can all contribute to... you guessed it, migraines.

Kopesy
11-04-18, 09:48
Hello Emily

I had the same problems a couple of months ago. I also had 24/7 twitching all over my body and my arms would go numb when I laid on my back. I had a CT scan and MRI that all came back clear. My bloods also looked fine. I wish I'd not taken it as far as I did, because I know now that it was all anxiety.

The fact your dieting might also be important, as your body will be going through a lot of changes before it stabilizes all your sugar levels and the like. Make sure you're getting enough electrolytes while you're trying to lose weight/diet. And don't cut too much. The body is very sensitive to dietary changes that can lead to fatigue and headaches.

All the best.