PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Issues...

aanns_GAD
07-04-18, 01:21
Long story short, I posted on here awhile ago about my stomach issues and I finally brought it up to a new doctor today and asked him to give me an abdominal aexam and told him my fears of a tumor. I told him it’s an on and off feeling that’s been around for about two years. I have no weight loss, actually have some weight gain yay gym, and there’s no blood in my stool that I can see but I don’t check it very heavily. After feeling around he said he feels nothing out of sorts and I said previously I asked a doctor for an ultrasound and she said no and that I really wanted to be able to know what’s going on. He scheduled an ultrasound for me for Tuesday and I’m super nervous. I know he’s not sending me there because he felt something wrong or felt anything but it’s like I’m scared that my fears will become reality...can anyone relate or help with some advice?

Fishmanpa
07-04-18, 01:25
You got your wish. He ordered it solely for reassurance. I've seen it here 100's of times. The test will be normal. I'll have the "told ya so gang" on standby ;)

Positive thoughts

Cab9792
07-04-18, 03:25
If your doctor isn't worried than I'm sure you are fine. A lot of people just have sensitive stomachs. If it WERE a tumor, you say you've been having this for two years...a tumor would have grown so big by now and you would be having severe abdominal pain you would have already gone to the ER. That's nice they ordered the ultrasound for you, but I agree it's only for your reassurance. Pretty sure you are fine. Don't stress. Try to be happy that you are soon going to have that reassurance you are okay.

lofwyr
07-04-18, 03:51
Two years of symptoms, the thing to remember is cancer never gets better, it only gets worse. If you have cancer, you would have experienced progression, and consistent symptoms. They don't come and go, I have never known anyone who had cancer to have periods where they got better before diagnosis and treatment. So, if your symptoms ever let up, there is virtually no chance you have/had cancer.

aanns_GAD
10-04-18, 06:29
Thank you for the healthy insight and reassurance.

Tomorrow is the big day and I’ve noticed my stomach upset has been acting up so damn much. Ever since he made the appointment. :/

I will let you guys know how it goes. Send me all the prayers and good vibes!!

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

Thank you for the healthy insight and reassurance.

Tomorrow is the big day and I’ve noticed my stomach upset has been acting up so damn much. Ever since he made the appointment. :/

I will let you guys know how it goes. Send me all the prayers and good vibes!!

vicky23
10-04-18, 15:51
That makes perfect sense that your stomach is acting up cos you'll probably be stressed about the appointment.
Praying it goes really well for you
Take Care