PDA

View Full Version : Kidney / Liver area pain

PWO_Nathan
07-04-18, 11:31
Hi all,

I have near constant right upper quadrant abdominal / flank pain.

I have been to A&E who did a urine sample and full blood test which I presume all came back clear as I was shown the door.

Could this be anxiety related? I was concerned about my liver as I drink often, not massive amounts but a bottle of wine a night for say 2-3 nights of the week. Again I asked them to check my liver in A&E and they said its fine.

I just dont understand why I need to be in constant pain. I figured it may be drink related so went completely t total for two weeks but no impact whatsoever.

Any of you experience anything like this?

anom
07-04-18, 11:45
I think you can make IBS worse if you stress out over it?

I've had a bowel ache 24/7 for 10 weeks now (lower left quadrant)

Never seems to change/doesnt really seem to affect my BM..its just there, part of the furniture

I'm sort of hoping its just IBS that won't calm down! (Which wouldn't surprise me given how stressed I've been about it)

PWO_Nathan
07-04-18, 12:10
Well I figured rather than stress about it, I would just call the hospital. After pillar to post, I got through to a very helpful lady who again said all my bloods are fine and sounds like its my anxiety causing it, or its imagined pain.

Sure enough, I got off the phone and havent given it a second thought... not a single twinge or pain since. Anxiety, such fun isnt it >_<.!. haha