PDA

View Full Version : Coffee maybe causing shakiness, but only sometimes? Anyone else get this?

actualWeeaboo
07-04-18, 20:16
This past couple of weeks hasn't been good for health anxiety - I've been having somewhat light shaking episodes. For the past hour in particular, I've had a more violent shuddering attack for seemingly no reason - wasn't feeling worried about anything, or cold (I don't think), it just sort of started suddenly when I was playing some Hearthstone.

I'm always up during the night, and I tend to keep a pretty strong brew of coffee in a thermo flask to drink gradually.

I don't know if it IS the coffee that causes this, because usually I feel quite normal whilst drinking it. But there are times (particularly when my anxiety is flaring up) that I suspect it may be causing jitters. I also have a bad habit of forgetting to drink water, so does anyone think it could be happening due to dehydration as well?

In saying that, I still always jump to the conclusion that I have brain issues or sepsis, ahahaha!
Wondering if anyone can relate.

Fishmanpa
08-04-18, 10:53
I tend to keep a pretty strong brew of coffee in a thermo flask

Strong brew = high caffeine = stimulant = shakiness. Pretty obvious to me :winks:

Positive thoughts

MarkyMark88
09-04-18, 19:25
Oh yeah, after my first panic attack I went straight to decaf coffee and decaf tea. Sometimes I can get away with a small cup of regular but usually strictly decaf. Idk, I think the coffee they have here at work is extra strong for some reason.