PDA

View Full Version : Saw black "flashes" super nervous about it..

terrifiedfluttershy
08-04-18, 01:35
Whilst I was on the toilet. . I was checking out twitter on my phone.. and I had my phone in my right hand & whilst looking at the screen.. I saw out of the corner of my left eye two black flashes.. it was like something the size of a large spider shooting across the brown lino floor at top speed. One chasing after the other...

Scared me senseless. . As when I was little I was drugged twice and I saw flashes of colour before I conked out and nearly died.. so you can imagine seeing flashes terrifies me.. even though of course there is absolutely zero chance I have been drugged.. I am unable to shake off my fear of it being deadly in some way..

I suffer ehlers danlos syndrome type 3 (hypermobility type) and I am always freaking out over my symptoms... cause I never know whether or not it is my eds ot not.. given it is a rare not well understood condition. . And some symptoms can be eds or something else deadly...

I did have earlier today btw.. a pain in that left eye.. but that was hours ago.. now I just have a minor discomfort in this eye.. and my head doesn't feel good.. but then again it hasn't since I woke up at about 4pm this afternoon. . (It is now 1:35am)

Anyone else seen something black seemingly shoot across their field of vision?? I know it wasn't a floater for certain as those are tiny and I already have one a permanent one in my right eye.. so I know what they are like! Mine is light grey and pin prick sorta size.. teensy..

These were two big black flashes like I say.. about the size of a huge spider.. just shooting across the floor.. on the left...

Not sure whether or not to call nhs 111...... might just see if any more symptoms develop or not....

Scared as heck though. ..

Pmrr
08-04-18, 02:16
Pretty sure this has happened to me a fair few times. Never thought anything of it.

---------- Post added at 02:16 ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 ----------

But if you’re worried then get checked out!